Youtube music video of the day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Still the funniest thing I ever saw. We taped this offa USA and a horde of us went to our frieneds house in Crockett after the show. Some of us, I think, are still on the floor laughing....
    Last edited by bennyboy; 12-31-2013, 02:36 PM. Reason: I'm not smart.. just ask anyone....

Comment

• Originally posted by groovy1967 View Post
      The evolution of a classic:

Very cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by ohio View Post
        Very cool!
        BTW- this was a snippet from director Jean-Luc Godard's documentary "Sympathy for the Devil (1968)" aka "One Plus One"

Comment

• Comment

• I don't think he had any hit singles last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by groovy1967 View Post
              I don't think he had any hit singles last year.
              And he's not dead. Not even once.

Comment

• here's Greensky Bluegrass from NYE covering ZZ Top - sharp-dressed, indeed, though the off-the-rack fit isn't for everyone! ;-) And prop's to Paul Hoffman for just soldiering-on with his Newson mando after snapping off the bric-a-brac knob off the headstock (Chris Thile did this to his Loar, too - never used to happen in the "old days")

Comment

• In the "careful who you wish for at Fest" category - but actually this would be fun, might even make Sting seem like less of a sanctimonious fob. And who knew Robert Downey Jr. could step up & deliver?

Comment

• Comment

• too funny, and sort of topical

Comment

• That was awesome!

Comment

• Dr. John and Bobby Rush - Official Music Video - Another Murder in New Orleans

Read about it:
                          http://www.offbeat.com/2014/01/21/dr...r-new-orleans/
                          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• I heard Doctor John on WWOZ recently talking about this and relating some unbelievable stories of how rough it was in the clubs when he was coming up. He said the band once hid behind the PA when some thugs with guns came in to settle some business with the club owners. When that finished and they left, the band started playing again.

Comment

• Thanks very much for posting that Bobby Rush/Dr. John joint. Redemption comes in many forms, but you can't hear that and not want Mac to get back to his rightful place in the pantheon. Two thumbs-up for Carl Gustafson's channeling of Albert Collins' ice-pickin'. And did anyone else wonder at the total absence of Bobby's usual focus on women's posteriors? ;-)

Comment

• Ha! I never had the love for Bobby when I had only seen the RnB show and then I saw him do an acoustic set a couple years at Kenny Brown's HIll Country PIcnic and I felt the love for both sides of BR. and then he put out his acoustic cd Raw which I looooove.

Comment

Working...
                                X