NORTA drops 5-day "jazzy" pass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NORTA drops 5-day "jazzy" pass?

I was getting some info together for some friends who haven't been to New Orleans in years, and I thought I'd put in a plug for the multi-day Jazzy pass so they could hop on/off street cars at will. I was surprised to see the 5-day option gone and replaced with a single day card for $3. Of course, locals can still get the monthly version.

http://www.norta.com/fares_passes/Passes/index.html

Originally posted by duende View Post
    I was getting some info together for some friends who haven't been to New Orleans in years, and I thought I'd put in a plug for the multi-day Jazzy pass so they could hop on/off street cars at will. I was surprised to see the 5-day option gone and replaced with a single day card for $3. Of course, locals can still get the monthly version.

http://www.norta.com/fares_passes/Passes/index.html
    I just noticed on norta.com that there is a senior fare of 40 cents(one way) if you are 65 or older.I haven't quite reached that milestone yet but that may be cheaper for some people on the bored than getting the Jazzy Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by johnb View Post
      I just noticed on norta.com that there is a senior fare of 40 cents(one way) if you are 65 or older.I haven't quite reached that milestone yet but that may be cheaper for some people on the bored than getting the Jazzy Pass.
      True dat. Worked very well for me over Halloween. Just have to hold on to the change slip so you can use it later instead of chucking the cents away. And always ask for the free tranfer (with the senior fare) so that you can hop back on within a certain time frame, provided your traveling in the same direction. And then hope that the Magazine Street bus will, indeed, eventually come. (In all fairness, there was repeated trouble with the fare box which held the thing up all day.)

Comment

There is still a 3-day pass!

Comment

Working...
        X