Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there concessions (discounts) for helpers / attendants of disabled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there concessions (discounts) for helpers / attendants of disabled?

Total newbie here, hello from Toronto. We will be attending our first Jazz Fest this year and are very much looking forward to it. Our question pertains to patrons with disabilities.

We see the Jazz Fest website is good enough to provide info on patrons with disabilities (wheelchair, mobility, blind, etc.): but the web-page is not clear on one detail:

Does anyone know if attendants for disabled people (e.g. those accompanying those who are blind or in wheelchair etc) are allowed a concession for admission to the Fair Grounds? (free admission, discounted price, etc.).

If yes, do we buy thru TicketMaster, or via another way?

Thanks in advance, and any other tips are appreciated.

Someone will come along who has a definitive answer, but I've never heard of it, and I've been going for twenty or more years. There should be a contact e-mail on the main page, but I would imagine the answer will show up quicker here. Have you checked www.swagland.com ? Lots of great info there, and Swag can find out if it's not already there.

Comment

I don't know about discounted tickets, but I have a disability pass & it gets you to the front of the stage area with another person. Only one pass is needed for the both of you to be in this area.

That being said Swag will fill in the rest.

Comment

I've never heard about attendant discounts (heck, they charge full price for disabled parking), but the best advice is to inquire directly.

To request further information about New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival services for people with disabilities, call (504) 410-6104. By e-mail: [email protected]
        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Sorry - i thought this was answered in the other post. There isn't a discount for the attendant.

Comment

Thanks for all who answered, now some more questions LOL

Thanks Festydave for the definitive answer. Now we're clear.

Swag Truth be told, I did email and call the disability access phone number, but got no reply. I even tried asking the New Orleans "experts" on Trip Advisor and someone was good enough to tell me about this forum. Am glad I did.

Canadianjohn: Your news about "front of the stage" is a consolation: Where does one get the "disability pass": Would that be at the Access Center as pasted from the website?

"Out at the Fest, information regarding services for people with disabilities is available at the Access Center located in front of the Grandstand."

Comment

I understand that all Canadians get a 30% discount on beer, except for Celine Dion, who is legally required to pay an additional 30% for hers....

But seriously, welcome to the board ckierans!!!; There is NOTHING in the world like Jazzfest, and for diehard live-music lovers, it truly is The Promised Land.
              Last edited by MormonMatthew; 01-25-2012, 11:36 PM.

Comment

When you enter the fairgrounds there us a booth where you can collect a key to the disabled bathrooms....bigger and cleaner. Not sure what else they have there, but they are mighty friendly!

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie View Post
                  When you enter the fairgrounds there us a booth where you can collect a key to the disabled bathrooms....bigger and cleaner. Not sure what else they have there, but they are mighty friendly!
                  This is true as well, but I don't get the bathroom key, because I got my pass from a girl that worked for the fest because my wife shared ice cream from Broccatas with her.

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
                    I understand that all Canadians get a 30% discount on beer, except for Celine Dion, who is legally required to pay an additional 30% for hers....
                    WTF? Someone owes me a HUUUUGE rebate. Huge.

Comment

Gosh, thanks, everyone. What a swell welcome. Thank you for the beer tip as well, MormonMatthew. So that's Disability pass. check. Canadian passport for beer discount. check. I think I'm going to love this trip! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
                        isn't that just on all canadian beer sold at fest?

one beer has more calories that she consumes all week [even lite beer]

Comment

Originally posted by festivalgirl View Post
                          isn't that just on all canadian beer sold at fest?

one beer has more calories that she consumes all week [even lite beer]
                          What! There are calories in beer? You are making this up, aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by canadianjohn View Post
                            Only in one beer ..... and who only drinks one?

Comment

Originally posted by canadianjohn View Post
                              Fest is calorie free. Be happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X