2013 Beer & Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Beer & Prices

Does anyone know what beers other than Miller Lite/MGD/Fosters will be available and how much they will be?
    (I hate paying $5 for crappy Miller Lite!)

Thanks!

Originally posted by QC Fit Club View Post
    Does anyone know what beers other than Miller Lite/MGD/Fosters will be available and how much they will be?
    (I hate paying $5 for crappy Miller Lite!)

Thanks!
    16 oz pours of draught Abita Amber and Pilsner Urquell have been sold for the past several years for $6.00 a pop from little stands set up behind the Gospel Tent; It's by far the best tasting beer sold at Jazzfest, but those flimsy plastic cups get warm really quickly, and are also very easy to spill down the front of your t-shirt if someone brushes your arm mid-swig....

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
      16 oz pours of draught Abita Amber and Pilsner Urquell have been sold for the past several years for $6.00 a pop from little stands set up behind the Gospel Tent; It's by far the best tasting beer sold at Jazzfest, but those flimsy plastic cups get warm really quickly, and are also very easy to spill down the front of your t-shirt if someone brushes your arm mid-swig....
      call me too practical, but if I know I'm spending the day in that neighborhood, I'll bring my travel insulated coffee cup to the taps. they are always happy to accomodate saving a plastic tree

Comment

Last year the beer tents had a limited supply of Blue Moon @ $6.

Comment

Beers used to be $2, last time was $3. I think I will bring a flask of Crown

Comment

Originally posted by withbellson2 View Post
            Beers used to be $2, last time was $3. I think I will bring a flask of Crown
            Do they search bags for things like that is is it relatively easy to bring in? Liquor I mean?

Comment

This is from Ms Lena....
              same selections as last year except these changes.....
              Leinenkugel Summer Shandy Lemonade Beer 130 Calories
              Redd’s Apple Ale Apple Cider Flavor 165 Calories
              Coors Cutter Non Alcoholic 143 Calories replaces Sharp
              Blue Moon Returned 171 Calories

Prices remain the same except for above beers which are $6.00.

Comment

I love the calorie description. "I'll take a light beer with my boudan balls and creole cream cheese cake!"

Comment

Blue Moon

Originally posted by rosetree View Post
                  This is from Ms Lena....
                  same selections as last year except these changes.....
                  Leinenkugel Summer Shandy Lemonade Beer 130 Calories
                  Redd’s Apple Ale Apple Cider Flavor 165 Calories
                  Coors Cutter Non Alcoholic 143 Calories replaces Sharp
                  Blue Moon Returned 171 Calories

Prices remain the same except for above beers which are $6.00.
                  Just want to point out that Blue Moon is brewed by Coors. Not that there's anything wrong with the beer. I just hate that they try to pretend that it's a micro beer.

Comment

Originally posted by dlabq View Post
                    Just want to point out that Blue Moon is brewed by Coors. Not that there's anything wrong with the beer. I just hate that they try to pretend that it's a micro beer.
                    Just like the fact that they have pretended for many years that Fosters is imported and have charged accordingly.

There is no legitimate reason to charge an extra dollar.

I think it is known as price gouging.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post
                      Just like the fact that they have pretended for many years that Fosters is imported and have charged accordingly.

There is no legitimate reason to charge an extra dollar.

I think it is known as price gouging.
                      Gards, I agree with you about the pricing 100%, but I think that the Fosters Lager sold in the American market is actually brewed in Canada, so it technically IS imported, just not actually from the country that it is popularly associated with.

As I recall, the cans still feature the kangaroo logo, and in huge letters the word IMPORTED appears about 17 different times, (so it can still keep cashing in on the prestige often afforded an imported product) but in tiny little print, hidden on the underside of the can, it says "Product of Canada".
                      Last edited by MormonMatthew; 04-21-2013, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
                        Gards, I agree with you about the pricing 100%, but I think that the Fosters Lager sold in the American market is actually brewed in Canada, so it actually IS imported, just not actually from the country that it is popularly associated with.

As I recall, the cans still feature the kangaroo logo, and in huge letters the word IMPORTED appears about 17 different times, but in tiny little print, hidden on the underside of the can, it says "Product of Canada".
                        Hi mate

When I first went to Jazzfest in 2002.Fosters was made by Molson I think or some one in Canada, but in recent years it has been brewed in Atlanta and somewhere else, as I actualy got motivated to read the side of the can, after handing over my 10th extra dollar at fest one day, and I reckon it tasted better, when it came from Canada.

However CUB who make Fosters Lager,Melbourne Bittter, Carlon Draught, Victoria Bitter and Crown Lager amongst others which are probably the pick of our standard priced, mass produced beers, plus Emu Bitter, was sadly sold to SAB/Miller about a year ago, which may have changed things.

Another national iconic brand falls in to the hands of a f#cken overseas conglomerate.

Oh well Shit Happens.

VEGEMITE has been owned by KRAFT for years and that still tastes GREAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post
                          Another national iconic brand falls in to the hands of a f#cken overseas conglomerate.
                          You can say that again.

The Beck's sold in the USA is now brewed here somewhere in the States, but is naturally still priced the same as when it was shipped in from Bremen, and it's the same sorry story with Bass Ale, Molson and Sapporo (in fairness, Sapporo is now brewed in Canada, but of course has Japanese characters all over the friggin' bottle, so as to give the impression to anyone not paying close attention that it is indeed still an actual Japanese product, and features the words "Imported Beer" in giant letters, and a tiny "Brewed In Canada" in print so small you practically need a microscope to read it.)

In all honesty, I am not a huge fan of the Heineken Lager sold here in the USA (although I really enjoy the Heineken Pilsner sold in the Netherlands) but it is still an authentic Dutch beer, unlike many other once prestigious "imported" brands.

ETA---And for the record, I actually quite like Vegemite, especially spread thin on buttered sourdough toast....
                          Last edited by MormonMatthew; 04-21-2013, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dlabq View Post
                            All of the beers on this list (Ms. Lena's) are brewed by MillerCoors

Comment

Originally posted by SweetOlive View Post
                              All of the beers on this list (Ms. Lena's) are brewed by MillerCoors
                              Miller has the beer contract. Best thing that happened was SAB buying Miller .... put Pilsner Urquell under the Miller umbrella so we got one decent beer at Fest and on draught.

http://www.millercoors.com/Our-Beers/Great-Beers.aspx

Comment

Working...
                              X