Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earplugs - huh? what did she say?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Earplugs - huh? what did she say?

    its time for our annual lecture on earplugs. i wish i had started using them long ago, at all those loud concerts and festivals in the last millenium. but better late than never.
    so if you want to preserve your hearing and help prevent ringing in the ears, i suggest earplugs. and many others will ring in (bad pun) with their opinions on what to use. its a personal choice. but pick something.

    i use "Mack's Ear Seals with Removable Cord". you can get them at Walgreens under $4 and includes a plastic case. i find them to be very comfortable and they do not remove all the sound like the foams ones seem to. and i like the ability to hand them around my neck when not in use.

    http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...id=prod1707479

  • #2
    I bought a pair last year after I went to a George Clinton and Pfunk concert, and in my drunken haze, stood right in front of the speaker. Still can tell that my hearing isn't as good in my right ear. These are the ones I bought after that concert, and used them at Jazzfest last year for the fairgrounds, and night shows.

    http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/profmusearpl1.html

    Comment


    • #3
      At my very first (or second) Jazz Fest, I thought it would be a good idea to set up camp in the morning, right up against the police fence, to be up front for the Nevilles. Clinton and PFunk came on and the bass was so loud that it resonated right into my body and I had to hold a seat cushion against my chest to keep my heart from exploding.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jaypee View Post
        At my very first (or second) Jazz Fest, I thought it would be a good idea to set up camp in the morning, right up against the police fence, to be up front for the Nevilles. Clinton and PFunk came on and the bass was so loud that it resonated right into my body and I had to hold a seat cushion against my chest to keep my heart from exploding.
        I don't remember which year but I went to see Sonny at the RnB and it was so loud I had to leave. Me! A self-described Sonny fanatic had to leave. You KNOW it was loud.

        I had to check to see if my ears were bleediing when I got outside....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by The Dude View Post
          I bought a pair last year after I went to a George Clinton and Pfunk concert, and in my drunken haze, stood right in front of the speaker. Still can tell that my hearing isn't as good in my right ear. These are the ones I bought after that concert, and used them at Jazzfest last year for the fairgrounds, and night shows.

          http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/profmusearpl1.html
          for those who do not lose things as often and easily as i do, i strongly suggest buying the best pair you can find.
          i believe the protection is probably equitable, but what you do hear may be much better with professional models.

          Comment


          • #6
            I totally agree. Last year Fred Texas JF Fanatic sent a few pairs to many of the users on the board. I had not considered the ear plugs previously - but I have to tell you - they were absolutely great. They did not lessen sound quality and I was able to hear much better late at night etc. I really recommend this.... great thread StlBarb

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Carolina Beadhead View Post
              I don't remember which year but I went to see Sonny at the RnB and it was so loud I had to leave. Me! A self-described Sonny fanatic had to leave. You KNOW it was loud.

              I had to check to see if my ears were bleediing when I got outside....
              I always end up in front of the Dumble, so I've started wearing earplugs. It's great to be able to actually hear Mike & Dave.

              Comment


              • #8
                Yeah, seems wearing them gives ya a more clear sound, doesn't it? I lost mine at the patry last year so i've got to find me another pair soon.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mamaroux View Post
                  Yeah, seems wearing them gives ya a more clear sound, doesn't it? I lost mine at the patry last year so i've got to find me another pair soon.
                  I bought a bunch of those foam ones at Home Depot, to keep in my purse to share and in case of unexpected musical happenings.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think I'll get the wifey some for Valentines so she can get a good night sleep and not get constantly woken up by my snoring.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mamaroux View Post
                      Yeah, seems ....I lost mine at the patry last year so i've got to find me another pair soon.
                      insert snide remark here.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Michelino
                        There was some good advice on audiophile ear plugs. I'm thinking I'm in the market for a pair.
                        I really like these, and the sound quality is WAY better than what you get (or don't get) with the foam ear plugs: http://www.earlove.net/index1.html

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by where yat brah View Post
                          I think I'll get the wifey some for Valentines so she can get a good night sleep and not get constantly woken up by my snoring.
                          Now, for snoring or complete noise reduction, I recommend a totally different type of earplug - these are AMAZING: the silicone disk ones that you can find in the drugstore. They look/feel like a clear wax. You roll them in a ball, press them ACROSS/AGAINST your ear opening (not inside). It creates an incredible seal, far superior to anything I've ever used. I'm a very light sleeper and the slightest noises will keep me awake. Just got turned onto these last spring by the wife of a very loud snorer, and I'm hooked!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Zbonnie View Post
                            I really like these, and the sound quality is WAY better than what you get (or don't get) with the foam ear plugs: http://www.earlove.net/index1.html
                            Those are the ones I mentioned earlier. They really work well!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                              I bought a pair last year after I went to a George Clinton and Pfunk concert, and in my drunken haze, stood right in front of the speaker. Still can tell that my hearing isn't as good in my right ear. These are the ones I bought after that concert, and used them at Jazzfest last year for the fairgrounds, and night shows.

                              http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/profmusearpl1.html
                              Good website; I guess there are a bunch of places that sell the same type of earplugs for listening to music. But for sleeping, these nipple-shaped ones (LOL) that come in 3 different sizes both look and sound worth checking out: http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/silnatrubear.html

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X