X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool. Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post
      I remember being surprised when you told me you traced your hearing damage to a single night, I'd just assumed it was cumulative damage over a lifetime. Then came Patry day last year. I had my trusty ER20s with me, but lent them to Linza. The patry was loud, moved indoors under a tin roof, but post-patry, I went to the Blue Nile Upstairs, and that one was extra-loud. Ears ringing when I left, and occasionally ever since. I guess I'm lucky - it's down to a mild ringing only about once a month, not lasting more than 10 seconds or so.

This stuff is serious.
      i think santa brought you some new ones, eh?

Comment

• I might have replied to this thread before, but I have to say a "thank you" to "The Cookie Lady" (my partner in life and at most shows), for nagging me to get REAL, custom molded -25dB ear protection! Given how many shows I'd been right up front by the PA (or between the monitors, on the lip of a bar stage) taking pictures, those suckers have SAVED my hearing. As a bonus, they trim a little CFW, too! If I can STILL hear the CFW's , I KNOW they need a "I can HEAR YOUR YAPPING OVER THE FUCKING BAND";-).

Comment

• Time to bump this to the top again. Don't screw around with your hearing! Read this thread! And fantailmedia above is correct - the good earplugs will noticeably cut down on the CFW noise. And they'll probably let you get closer to the stage (if that's your sort of thing to do).

Comment

• Dinner at a great but noisy restaurant last night reminded me of how I wish I had learned about earplugs a couple decades ago...

Comment

• I love my Etys. I have the smaller ones. I won't go to Fest without them (and I probably won't hit Tip's next Wednesday without them either!)

Comment

• Hey, this didn't get bumped in 2016! There are a couple of pairs of Etymotics as prizes in the TH Raffle this year.

Here's a great story linked by Blumie in another thread. Thanks!

Originally posted by Blumie View Post

My hearing is pretty shot from many years of loud concerts. This article suggests that there's hope for folks like me.

Comment

• I forgot to bump this up last year. I came here to do it just now and I see you beat me to it, HH. Still doing the penance, I see. I have 3 entries for the Etys in the THR. Can never have too many - they do usually need to be replaced after a year or two.

Comment

• It's really Snookums fault for not wanting to see the Cramps and freeing that ticket up.

I just spent 4 hours in a car with three 80 year old men and experienced the Catch-22 of hearing loss--I should have brought the Etys to protect my hearing from everybody having to yell to be heard.

Comment

• Bump.

Comment

• Bumped for 2018.

Comment

• Seconded.
                          I found earplugs called Hearos, which seem to be identical to the Etymotics, but without the connecting string, for about 4 bucks cheaper. I still have some of the strings left from my previous Etymotics, which start to fit not as well after several months of heavy usage, which they get from me.
                          Last edited by Jay Fest; 1 week ago.

Comment

• By the time Teetertotter heeds this lecture, my plugs will have a volume control.

Comment

Working...
                            X