Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please don't hate me... Good places to listen to Acura stage outside the festival?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please don't hate me... Good places to listen to Acura stage outside the festival?

I'm coming to Jazz fest for the first time ever at the end of April and I'm really pumped. Unfortunately due to some time/money constraints we can't go every day. That said, on Thursday night I'm going to City Park to see Johnny Sketch and the Dirty Notes. Seeing as we'd miss most of the day, we can't justify the cost of the ticket for an hour of Jazz Fest but I'd love to be able to hear some of Earth Wind and Fire's set. Is there a place to go and maybe get a couple drinks and have some food while listening to the Acura stage?

With the caveat that the best spots may be dependent on the prevailing winds that day.

Assuming they're open, the Deutches Haus on Moss St serves German beer (and a full bar) and a limited menu of German food (brats, etc). You could get a beer inside, then listen from their parking lot or the lawn on the bayou right across the street.

Or, since you're heading to city park after anyway, across the bayou from there, say, near Fredrichs & Wisner, gives you a prettier view. There are bathrooms nearby in the park, but you'd need to bring your own drinks and picnic.

If the winds don't cooperate, you might do better behind the Fairgrounds on Belfort, but there aren't really and food/drink/bathroom options back in that area.
    Last edited by swag; 04-03-2019, 12:57 PM.
    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Deutches Haus was the first place i thought of. When I was there in December and thought I'd be attending Jazzfest I thought that would be a good place to hear The Stones.

Comment

Confirming DH will be open:

Deutsches Haus will be open during Jazz Fest, so bike, hike, or take a Lyft. Please do not come by car because parking will not be available at all. Come by to enjoy a Beer and a Brat while sitting outside. If the wind is blowing right, you may even be able to hear some music. Lyft will be offering a $5 discount coupon to be redeemed at the Deutsches Haus towards the purchase of a Beer & Brat for their customers going to Jazz Fest.
        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
          Confirming DH will be open:

Deutsches Haus will be open during Jazz Fest, so bike, hike, or take a Lyft. Please do not come by car because parking will not be available at all. Come by to enjoy a Beer and a Brat while sitting outside. If the wind is blowing right, you may even be able to hear some music. Lyft will be offering a $5 discount coupon to be redeemed at the Deutsches Haus towards the purchase of a Beer & Brat for their customers going to Jazz Fest.
          This is a pretty great tip tbh.

Comment

Working...
          X