Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acts announcing they're playing before the official festival lineup?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Acts announcing they're playing before the official festival lineup?

    Hi folks,

    Just wondering does this happen a lot?

    As in, say in 2019. Did (for example) Diana Ross announce her tour with the NOLA date included before the festival released the lineup? Does this happen often?

  • #2
    Not at the Fairgrounds but Allman Betts Band at Fillmore May 6.
    Allman Family Revival Dec 1 at the Saenger.
    Last edited by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic); 10-27-2021, 11:44 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Nallo View Post
      Hi folks,

      Just wondering does this happen a lot?

      As in, say in 2019. Did (for example) Diana Ross announce her tour with the NOLA date included before the festival released the lineup? Does this happen often?
      The festival directs everyone to keep it quiet until the official announcement, but every year, it seems a couple of performers let it slip.

      For example, looking ahead to 2022, Pete Townsend has said The Who planned to start their US tour at Jazzfest.
      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey swag, was there any rumors or chat about the Rolling Stones playing JF 2021 before the official announcement?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
          Hey swag, was there any rumors or chat about the Rolling Stones playing JF 2021 before the official announcement?
          No, that was a complete surprise.
          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks all.

            Hoping for a few leaks asap really so I can book flights etc for weekend #2 (from Ireland). Defo doing the French Quarter festival and weekend #1 but if I see some action in weekend #2 Ill try convince Mrs Nallo to stay for longer.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Nallo View Post
              Thanks all.

              Hoping for a few leaks asap really so I can book flights etc for weekend #2 (from Ireland). Defo doing the French Quarter festival and weekend #1 but if I see some action in weekend #2 Ill try convince Mrs Nallo to stay for longer.
              There will be plenty of action for weekend #2, rest assured. Book it, Danno !!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

                There will be plenty of action for weekend #2, rest assured. Book it, Danno !!
                Haha yes Im sure. Just need to convince Mrs Nallo

                Comment

                Working...
                X