Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem buying tickets from abroad with visa credit card

hello,
    I was getting tickets yesterday for my friends and I but my French visa credit card wouldn't go through even though I had a US address to give out. Anyone else finding this problem ? or is is just me ? Is it technically possible to buy and get tickets with a foreign credit card ? if so, please guide me in any sort of assistance. thank you. Emilie from France

The ticketing process is handled by AXS. Clicking support on the bottom of that page, contact info. Maybe they can help.

TICKETING QUESTIONS

Send support an email request
    (855) 679-1677
    https://support.festivalticketing.co...s/requests/new
    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by puck View Post
      hello,
      I was getting tickets yesterday for my friends and I but my French visa credit card wouldn't go through even though I had a US address to give out. Anyone else finding this problem ? or is is just me ? Is it technically possible to buy and get tickets with a foreign credit card ? if so, please guide me in any sort of assistance. thank you. Emilie from France
      I don't have any problem using my English card. I did see something about International orders being "Will Call" only, which means you have to pick up the tickets/wristbands at the gate.
      This might mean your U.S address and foreign credit-card are confusing the system.

The problem I did have is that they are levying charges both for shipping and holding at Will Call, which I think is ridiculous. It should surely be either one or the other...
      I have had no response at all from the support staff on this. Annoying.

Comment

well this helps a lot. i didn't try with will call. and anyone of my friends can pick up the tickets at the gate ? (one of us is getting in earlier).

Comment

well this helps a lot. i didn't try with will call. and anyone of my friends can pick up the tickets at the gate ? (one of us is getting in earlier).
          The FAQ on the purchase page says "Orders that are unable to be delivered or shipped will be required to be picked up at will call by the original purchaser." and also "Photo ID required for all Will Call pickups".

I also found one more number there, Festival Ticketing Purchase Support at (888) 370-7328.
          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

In my experience that would be possible, but you would probably need to provide your friend with a letter authorising them to collect your tickets, along with a copy of your I.D (passport or driving license).
            I suggest you contact the ticket support (as Swag mentioned above) to confirm this.

Good luck!

Comment

Still same problem with will call. i had originally asked for a different adress for billing, and it's like I confused the system for an indefinit amount of time. at one point, i had to have a state for my french adress. I put up montana because the city I live in starts with mont in france ! I contacted the ticketing service by mail. I'll see what they say. and it doesn't seem like will call is very pratical for us. I'll see. thank you so much for all your help. hope the system comes to peace with me. emilie from MT in france

Comment

Still same problem with will call. i had originally asked for a different adress for billing, and it's like I confused the system for an indefinit amount of time. at one point, i had to have a state for my french adress. I put up montana because the city I live in starts with mont in france ! I contacted the ticketing service by mail. I'll see what they say. and it doesn't seem like will call is very pratical for us. I'll see. thank you so much for all your help. hope the system comes to peace with me. emilie from MT in france
                Now you mention it, I also had problems inputting my address. I actually gave up a few times. I think I eventually realised that I had to manually enter all of the details, rather than using the auto-saved info, that I use for filling out forms online.
                Lo and behold it worked.

The "State" thing is a common problem on US websites. WWOZ always mail me stuff to "ALASKA , UNITED KINGDOM" !!
                Another problem can be Zipcodes. They tend not to recognise the British system of numbers and letters, so I sometimes have to input "12345" or "91210" and it usually works.

Comment

Working...
                X