"Quiet Place" at the festival?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Quiet Place" at the festival?

One of the newbies coming with us sometimes gets anxiety in huge crowds and wondered if there are areas that are more chill and quiet in case he needs to get away from the general hub bub. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Originally posted by Feirlin View Post
    One of the newbies coming with us sometimes gets anxiety in huge crowds and wondered if there are areas that are more chill and quiet in case he needs to get away from the general hub bub. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    The second level of the Grandstand is where the interview stage is. That's auditrium-style seating; most people try to sit close to the interviews, so far to the left it is usually mostly unoccupied. Bonus - it's air conditioned.

There are also pockets of lawn space without good sound/sight to any stage, which can offer a bit of quiet. Far to the left of the Jazz & Heritage Stage (behind the food booths) is one.
    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Late afternoons on Saturdays should be the only time crowds are at all unmanageable, and that’s only at the largest stages. I suggest arriving early and finding a place

Comment

Hi Feirlin, I wish I had seen this sooner and I hope you are still checking for replies- I am claustrophobic so I totally relate to this concern. Swag is correct- for me, the interview area in the Grandstand is not just a place to relax, cool down, and listen to some interesting interviews - it can be a good place to recharge if I've been feeling a little crowd anxiety which seems to sneak up on me at Jazz Fest. Crowded in with people I know at Acura? No problemo. In a crowd trying to pass through a crowded area of the track- no bueno

In my ten years of festing I've only had one flat out "hell no" crowd panic moment and that was Elton john day. I just left for the day and that was fine by me. I sometimes avoid Saturdays if they look to be super crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
          Hi Feirlin, I wish I had seen this sooner and I hope you are still checking for replies- I am claustrophobic so I totally relate to this concern. Swag is correct- for me, the interview area in the Grandstand is not just a place to relax, cool down, and listen to some interesting interviews - it can be a good place to recharge if I've been feeling a little crowd anxiety which seems to sneak up on me at Jazz Fest. Crowded in with people I know at Acura? No problemo. In a crowd trying to pass through a crowded area of the track- no bueno

In my ten years of festing I've only had one flat out "hell no" crowd panic moment and that was Elton john day. I just left for the day and that was fine by me. I sometimes avoid Saturdays if they look to be super crowded.
          I shared this before but on that Elton day I was in the grandstand upstairs getting a beverage. The TV behind the counter had a aerial shot over the Acura stage. I’ve never seen it so crowded. I think I think I texted a picture to Wynn who I knew was there. There’s no way I could have dealt with that crowd.
          And to just second what’s been said above the grandstand upstairs is a great place to relax and recharge.

Comment

Working...
          X