Bringing food into Jazz Fest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing food into Jazz Fest

Hi, y'all -- We need to bring specially-prepared food into the Fest on both Saturdays. We did this on our last visit and there was some hassle at security. We were eventually allowed to pass, but would like to avoid holding up the line (and, frankly, the embarrassment). We've emailed from the Fest website a few times and left phone messages, but so far no reply. Can anyone guide us on this? We're more than happy to make advance arrangements, fill out necessary forms, provide fingerprints...whatever! Thanks...

There's no prohibition against outside food.

But as you've encountered, somehow security isn't always aware of this, not even the supervisors. The signs at the gate don't mention food one way or the other, so when they say no, it's hard to argue your case. If the food is for an actual disability or medical condition, you could try reaching out now to the ADA team for advice at [email protected], hey may be more responsive. But if this is just for a picky eater, I'm not sure...
    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
      If the food is for an actual disability or medical condition, you could try reaching out now to the ADA team for advice at [email protected], hey may be more responsive. But if this is just for a picky eater, I'm not sure...
      Could also be about religious dietary restrictions (since you've only got a problem on Saturdays, maybe it's the purchase of food that's the issue?). I hope they would honor religious requirements as well - though I've found in other circumstances (I have no experience with this issue at Jazz Fest) that medical is the best explanation to give.

Comment

I have brought apples and cliff bars without any issue- I’m always prepared to say it’s a medical issue but no one has ever asked. I haven’t brought an entire meal or sandwich or the similar however.

id try the ADA route. If they can’t get you the info they should be able to connect you.

Comment

Working...
        X