Festival neighborhood parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festival neighborhood parking

The Jazz Fest app, fest info, parking, says "parking in the surrounding neighborhood is restricted to residents only". That has always been the case on the streets beyond Esplanade for about a block. Their wording makes it sound as if that no parking ban has been extended farther from the fairgrounds. Anyone know if that's the case?

In 2019, we parked in a lot run by a church and school off of De Saix and Trafalgar, on the other side of the stables. If memory serves, it was $25, but will probably be more this year.

Comment

Thx. Hoping to park on a neighborhood curb a few blocks from the fairgrounds
      like I've done in past years. Bet I'll be able to. Just wondering if someone might know of a change there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tulsatime View Post
        Thx. Hoping to park on a neighborhood curb a few blocks from the fairgrounds
        like I've done in past years. Bet I'll be able to. Just wondering if someone might know of a change there.
        Just pay close attention to the signs - nothing worse than spending hours retrieving a car from a tow pound in New Orleans when you could be seeing music

Comment

I believe pink areas are restricted except to permit holders, and gray areas are open streets but no parking.

Above is from the neighborhood assn.
          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

In addition, for those planning to park across the bayou in Parkview, don't.
            They have ripped up the streets on Wilson and Harding and there are tow away signs all over.
            The 800-900 blocks of Wilson are shut down, as are the 900-1000 blocks of Harding.

Comment

Working...
            X