Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What shows/concerts have you recently attended?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went out Saturday night to catch the Magpie Salute show in town. I was a happy boy with the three-guitar front - Rich Robinson, Marc Ford & Nico Bereciartua and original Crowes bassist Sven Pipien. The support members were authentic and spirited, and John Hogg (vocals from Hookah Brown) can hit all of the rock heights. One jam in particular had me in a very Allman Bros place, and let's face it - someone's going to fill that Southern jam/rock space. I recommend the show if you were a Crowes fan, or if your inner Gainesville trailer park wants to let their hair down!

Comment

• Saw the Woods Brothers last night at the Lincoln Theatre in DC. Opening act was the Stray Birds. If you get a chance to see this band (this is my 2nd time) grab it!!!!!!! Probably one of the best live shows I've seen. The whole theatre was up on it's feet dancing the entire show. I love everything this band does. The bass player danced his ass off too.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=setB6ZLnte8

Comment

• Karl Denson and Tiny Universe, Analog Son, Washington's in The Fort. Dynamite!

Comment

• It's been about ten years since I saw Robbie Fulks, a country singer\songwriter. He has not lost any of his finger picking abilities or his sense of humor. If you like authentic country music you should check him out. Grammy nominated and Hank Williams-like.
          Last edited by ice nine; 02-28-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Soulive at the Camden Jazz Café in London last night. No doubt Krasno is a great guitarist, but I didn't love the show - in the trio format it all sounds a bit samey after a while. Needed some horns!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sussex Rob View Post
              Soulive at the Camden Jazz Café in London last night. No doubt Krasno is a great guitarist, but I didn't love the show - in the trio format it all sounds a bit samey after a while. Needed some horns!!
              Agree 100%. I decided not to go for the reason you mention. They are just not interesting or engaging enough for me. I went instead to a nice gig at the Green Note across the road!
              When you throw in some special guests like they do at Bowlive though, it's a completely different experience.
              Thanks to Renee for tipping me to this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

Agree 100%. I decided not to go for the reason you mention. They are just not interesting or engaging enough for me. I went instead to a nice gig at the Green Note across the road!
                When you throw in some special guests like they do at Bowlive though, it's a completely different experience.
                Thanks to Renee for tipping me to this.
                Alright, that's it. If they have Bowlive this year, I'm going!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post

Alright, that's it. If they have Bowlive this year, I'm going!!!
                  Hellava show, ain't it? I just listened/watched it all the way through again. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post

Hellava show, ain't it? I just listened/watched it all the way through again. Wow.
                    These Bowlive videos are among the very few on YouTube that I watch more than once or twice. Just watched the one with Chris Robinson as I am off to see him with his Brotherhood at London ULU tomorrow night. Hope there is not too much "noodling" involved!

Comment

• in a few days i was supposed to say i saw keith jarrett this week at carnegie hall but, alas, he canceled. so in mid-june, if i don't see anything between now and then, i'll say i just saw ry cooder.

Comment

• Karl Denson and Tiny Universe
                        Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue
                        Big Sam's Funky Nation
                        Soul Rebels
                        Kermit/Ivan et al
                        Anders Osborne

Comment

• Number 6 was Lagniappe for all you Threadhead Math Wizards.

Comment

• Saw Lizz Wright at Union Chapel in London last Friday - wonderful voice and such a beautiful venue, with great acoustics.

Preservation Hall Jazz Band in Islington, London tonight - they are in the UK opening for Arcade Fire, but this is their own show. Then Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats at Shepherds Bush on Friday and probably Sonny Landreth on Sunday. Just a gentle warming up for Jazz Fest!

Comment

• PHJB were epic, as usual.

Comment

• Bill Murray/Jan Vogler - dramatic Bill, not comic Bill. However, Bill's reading of 'Huck Finn' and James Thurber are funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X