Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What shows/concerts have you recently attended?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revjimk View Post
    AMAZING show Sat. nite.... Magic Dick, former harmonica player for J. Geils Band (Whammer Jammer!) & astounding Shun Ng on acoustic guitar, Cafe 9, New Haven Ct. After they nailed 3 blues classics, I thought 'This is one of the best blues shows I've seen in a while"... then they started playing Miles Davis, Hendrix, James Brown....I have to think hard to come up with the last time I've seen a more inventive, creative performance. GO SEE THEM , if you get a chance
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtM9UGfwLm0

Comment

AMAZING show Sat. nite.... Magic Dick, former harmonica player for J. Geils Band (Whammer Jammer!) & astounding Shun Ng on acoustic guitar, Cafe 9, New Haven Ct. After they nailed 3 blues classics, I thought 'This is one of the best blues shows I've seen in a while"... then they started playing Miles Davis, Hendrix, James Brown....I have to think hard to come up with the last time I've seen a more inventive, creative performance. GO SEE THEM , if you get a chance
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxAZ3YyjtPg

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_xY...wwUlZJ&index=5

Comment

• Interesting.... I rave about a show, post videos, & no comments for 3 days. When I criticize, people are all over it (is this cause its not on " JF Forum" page?)
          This Magic Dick/ Shun Ng show was so good that it kinda ruined the next 2 shows. Saw SoCal blues belter Janiva Magness a few days later, good but not inspirational. Next up was "Foundations of Funk" pretty much whats left of Meters & Nevilles, also underwhelmed. After a unique performance where you could clearly hear every note, a bunch of electric instruments in a big concert hall comes off as a bunch of noise..... plus everybody was talking, nonstop

Comment

• This past week right here in The Fort: Jimmy Carter, Blind Boys of Alabama with Paul Thorn; Mission Temple Fireworks Revival. Speaking of Revival, Robert Randolph and his Family Band couple nights ago, killer!

Comment

• Saw a rare performance by Latimore Saturday night. He lives in the area but never plays here. Flew his tight touring band in from Chicago and played in a small lounge with lots of his family and friends in attendance. The author of this book introduced him (there's a chapter on Latimore). His voice was great and I have no complaints that he did Let's Straighten it Out twice (a different version in each of the show's two sets).

http://upf.com/book.asp?id=9780813054520

Comment

• Saw Nicki Bluhm with Cosmic Twang (Scott Law & Ross James) at a house concert on Friday night on their way to the Strawberry music festival. Perfect weather, a wonderful night of music and then home to sleep in my bed - didn't have to *camp*. Scott and Nicki used to play together in the now defunct band, Brokedown in Bakersfield, along with Nicki's former husband Tim Bluhm and Lebo.
                Last edited by cp_deb; 2 weeks ago. Reason: Brevity

Comment

• Rhythm & Roots Fest in Rhode Island, lots of great music: Taj, Steve Riley, CJ Chenier, Hot Rize, Dustbowl Revival, Larry Campbell/ Teresa Williams, Texmaniacs, etc etc.... but the "new" band that blew me away was the funky & hilarious Shiny Ribs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0NhRnR2ZsU

Comment

Rhythm & Roots Fest in Rhode Island, lots of great music: Taj, Steve Riley, CJ Chenier, Hot Rize, Dustbowl Revival, Larry Campbell/ Teresa Williams, Texmaniacs, etc etc.... but the "new" band that blew me away was the funky & hilarious Shiny Ribs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0NhRnR2ZsU
                    If anyone has any idea what they're singing about, let me know!

Comment

• Hot Tuna Electric with Steve Kimock last night at the Crest theater in Sacramento! Psychedelic blues, I'd call it. It was interesting to watch the trio gradually open up to Steve as he played with them throughout the night. By the end of the show, it became a fabulous rock and roll quartet. Hot Tuna's tour continues on from here, but they've only a couple more dates with Steve Kimock. They will be in Vegas on Friday night.

Comment

• Saw a fantastic father and son duo Friday night at a house concert here in St Louis. Paquito and Sondro Lorier. They are from Alsace France. They played killer gypsy jazz. Thomas B Burnham posted a handful of the songs on youtube. They are really great guitarists!!

Comment

• Paul Simon!!!

Comment

• Luke Winslow King (with Roberto Luti) at Bush Hall, London on Tuesday, where I also had the pleasure of making the acquaintance of a certain celebrity Bored member. The Wood Brothers at the same venue tonight, then off to Scotland for a week of notionally trying to keep up with my brothers-in-law in their beer drinking escapades. It will end badly! Also, George Porter at the 100 Club in a fortnight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sussex Rob View Post
                              Luke Winslow King (with Roberto Luti) at Bush Hall, London on Tuesday, where I also had the pleasure of making the acquaintance of a certain celebrity Bored member. The Wood Brothers at the same venue tonight, then off to Scotland for a week of notionally trying to keep up with my brothers-in-law in their beer drinking escapades. It will end badly! Also, George Porter at the 100 Club in a fortnight.
                              Sounds good.

Was the celebrity bored member gracious enough to invite you I to the VIP enclave?

Comment

Working...
                              X