Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What shows/concerts have you recently attended?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have Amy 11/28 opening up for The Wood Brothers. Sure do miss Ollabelle with Amy & krewe.
    Will catch her for a rare Texas show.

Comment

• I never saw Sue Foley before.... what a dummy! Now I'm in love.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WV2...&start_radio=1

Comment

• I guess recently is a relative term. In the past year I've seen:

Tom Misch - London
        Jordan Rakei - Copenhagen
        Fat Freddy's Drop - Aarhus

Jordan was amazing! Highly recommend artist.

Comment

• Last 5:

Russell Malone Quartet

Ytzhak Perlman

Charlie Hunter

Peking Opera ( in Beijing)

Ruthie Foster

Comment

• Originally posted by Zenwinemaster View Post
            Last 5:

Russell Malone Quartet

Ytzhak Perlman

Charlie Hunter

Peking Opera ( in Beijing)

Ruthie Foster
            You win !

Comment

• Snagged some free tickets for the Counting Crows and Alison Krauss show at London O2 (part of London Bluesfest, which was sorely lacking in blues this year). Always loved Alison Krauss - her band included only two of Union Station, plus Sidney and Suzanne Cox from the Cox Family (to which end we got some quite wonderful a cappella gospel songs). Hadn't seen Counting Crows before, even though I listened to them quite a bit in the 90s, and really enjoyed the show, although I guess Adam Duritz might divide opinions! I usually try to avoid the O2, as I don't really care for larger venues, but the sound was great last night.

Fantastic Negrito at Dingwalls later this week - might just be epic!

Comment

• Fantastic Negrito at Dingwalls later this week - might just be epic![/QUOTE]

It was - Mr Negrito has such stage presence and charisma, and the band is great. I am so glad that I can still see them in dingy little clubs, for now anyway, as I think that some of the magic might be lost if they started playing bigger venues, where it is harder to interact directly with the audience.

Comment

• Heading to the Jazz Cafe in Camden Town, London for Jon Cleary & the Gents - always good to see him when he comes home.

Comment

• Elton John's farewell yellow brick road tour. Holy smokes, that was good!

Comment

• Cory Henry (keyboards) Revival @ Ronnie Scott's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post
                        Cory Henry (keyboards) Revival @ Ronnie Scott's.
                        How was it? By the time I spotted it in the schedules all four shows were already sold out.

Comment

• So far this month:

Cracker/Camper Van Beethoven.
                          Rushad Eggleston at a house concert. He's the crazy cellist from Crooked Still and Tornado Rider. Very talented player even with the invented language, strip tease, and cello playing in the shallow end of the pool (on a cold-for-Florida night).
                          Karl Denson. Great high-energy show from the start. The opener was Iceman Special but I missed them due to an early start and a short set.
                          Bill Kirchen at a house concert. Lucked into this; played on a porch along the Hillsborough River with about 25 people.
                          Nile Rogers and Chic. Good show but too much of a greatest hits parade.
                          Dirty Bourbon River Show.

Comment

Working...
                          X