Rock and Roll Hall of Fame show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock and Roll Hall of Fame show

Watched the new induction ceremony show now on HBO and it was very entertaining. Really enjoyed the performances to honor Linda Ronstadt and the E Street Band. Bruce and the band played killer versions of "E St. Shuffle" and "Kitty's Back", both of which were said to be on the Jazz Fest setlist before Bruce audibled in the Seeger Sessions direction. He probably had planned to "rehearse" them here before the ceremony...

Very solid show from start to finish.

I hope this makes its way to the basic cable proletariat - and I guess I was/am a little possessed by the mystique of the Laurel Canyon music scene circa late-60's to mid-70's. I'd love to see the Henry Diltz photo exhibit at the Grammy Museum!

Comment

I forgot how much I enjoyed Linda Ronstadt. One of the first concert, which my dad took me to, I saw was Linda and, I believe, Stephen Bishop.

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
        I hope this makes its way to the basic cable proletariat - and I guess I was/am a little possessed by the mystique of the Laurel Canyon music scene circa late-60's to mid-70's. I'd love to see the Henry Diltz photo exhibit at the Grammy Museum!

I danced zydeco with Maria Muldaur! at Marcia Ball's 60 birthday blowout in Austin.....

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
          Watched the new induction ceremony show now on HBO and it was very entertaining. Really enjoyed the performances to honor Linda Ronstadt and the E Street Band. Bruce and the band played killer versions of "E St. Shuffle" and "Kitty's Back", both of which were said to be on the Jazz Fest setlist before Bruce audibled in the Seeger Sessions direction. He probably had planned to "rehearse" them here before the ceremony...

Very solid show from start to finish.
          Caught this yesterday, and I agree it was a very solid show which surprised me since I'm not a big fan of Hall and Oates, Yusef Islam or ,especially, Kiss. The East Streeters played well and, am I correct (I got a phone call at the end) in that Kiss did not perform at all?

Comment

Caught the Grand Opening Show of the Rock Hall back in the day with my two boys and wife. Chuck Berry, Bruce, and E Street band kicked it off. Everyone was there. So cool when they opened the doors for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by teetertotter View Post
              Caught the Grand Opening Show of the Rock Hall back in the day with my two boys and wife. Chuck Berry, Bruce, and E Street band kicked it off. Everyone was there. So cool when they opened the doors for the first time.
              I was there too. A long show. Highlights included Bruce, The Kinks, George Clinton, Lou Reed And Iggy Pop. But that last song was like watcing a train go over a cliff and the explode!

Comment

Originally posted by stynger View Post

I was there too. A long show. Highlights included Bruce, The Kinks, George Clinton, Lou Reed And Iggy Pop. But that last song was like watcing a train go over a cliff and the explode!
                Perfect analogy!

Comment

Working...
                X