Best Jazz Bars in NOLA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Jazz Bars in NOLA

It's my 4th year heading to NOLA for JF. I cant wait for the grids to start filling up!

Im curious who has suggestions on their thoughts of the best Jazzclubs in NOLA? Im excited to see kamasi WK2 and Herbie Hancock. JF is stacked with amazing artist.

Hoping Robert Glasper gets annouced late night and also medeski, martin and wood announce something this year.

Getting excited to start planning my nights now that the line up has finally dropped.

Palm Court, Snug Harbor, Spotted Cat, Prime Example, Sidebar.

Off the top of my head.

Comment

Welcome! Kamasi has done night shows at One Eyed Jack's the last couple years. And Gregg covered your best choices for jazz, I think. Sidebar usually has the most innovative and unusual shows. And sometimes the shows at Music Box Village have a bent toward jazz. Just in case you're not aware, everything night show and daze between can be found here: www.jazzfestgrids.com

Comment

How's the Carousel Bar for Jazz?

Comment

Appreciate all the advice. 4th year going to JF and i've just been wanting to do some thing different then your usual Jrad, Trey, howl'n wolf shows, etc.....

Couldn't be happier that I scored Stones tickets for that Thursday and for the grids starting to filling up now!

Comment

Glasper or MMW would be great. Keep your eye on the Snug Harbor jf schedule...probably announced towards the end of March. That will be the best spot to see big name jazz players...

Comment

Originally posted by Count Ravioli View Post
              Appreciate all the advice. 4th year going to JF and i've just been wanting to do some thing different then your usual Jrad, Trey, howl'n wolf shows, etc.....

Couldn't be happier that I scored Stones tickets for that Thursday and for the grids starting to filling up now!
              If you've never seen Davell Crawford at Snug, you should. I like him so much I saw the 8 and the 10pm show last year! Also jazznj has mentioned how much he likes Three Keys Bar. It's been on my list when I've been in town but I've never made it. Another rec for something different is the Music Box Village shows during the jazz fest. They are usually on Friday nights at 8. My fave so far was Mike Dillon's show there. And I'm not even a fan of his music. They had practiced and it showed!

Comment

I find myself wandering Frenchman street for later shows. Highly recommend going to the record store to catch some live gigs. Gets slammed but incredible vibe. Www.jazzfestgrids.com
                live by it.
                DBA’s seem to book solid shows. Maison, Bamboozals

Comment

Trombone shortys throw down I will attend this year. Really hope he brings a crew. Went to the first two when it was called shorty fest

Comment

Some of the best and most interesting music the last couple of years has been at Three Keys at The Ace Hotel, their club right off their lobby bar. I saw 8 shows there during The Fest last year including Harriet Tubman, Steven Bernstein, Robert Glasper with Chris Dave and spec guest Common and Hurray For The Riff Raff the year before. These shows will be announced right up until Fest time. Some pop up right during The Fest. That Glasper show was the only ticketed show last year, all of the others were free although many were worth paying for.

I live here and go out to hear jazz on a regular basis. Besides Snug Harbor, as mentioned by others Side Bar NOLA, Prime Example, Jazz Playhouse @ The Royal Sonesta, The Jazz Market, The Jazz Museum at the Mint, The Spotted Cat, Three Muses, Little Gem Saloon all have great jazz most of the time on a regular basis.

Comment

What about Buffa's Bar & Restaurant? They're pretty good, and listed here of the best jazz clubs in the U.S. https://www.clickitticket.com/best-jazz-clubs/

Comment

Working...
                      X