Outlaw Music Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlaw Music Festival

rolls into Bangor, ME on Friday June 14th. Willie Nelson, Phil Lesh, Alison Krauss, The Revivalists & Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real. Looking forward to this. Gonna Be a long ass show starts at 4 in the afternoon.

You're a Mainer? I went to a private school in Bath. I tell all my friends 'if you can live up in Maine for four winters everything else is easy'.

Comment

Originally posted by ice nine View Post
      You're a Mainer? I went to a private school in Bath. I tell all my friends 'if you can live up in Maine for four winters everything else is easy'.
      yep born and bred.

Comment

Waiting on stage switch....just saw Lucas nelson and his band and the revivalists. My first time for both. Upcoming..alison krause, phil lesh and then the legend willie nelson.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this show on Sunday in Hartford. Who are Phil's friends?

Comment

Dunno yet they havent made the stage

Comment

Was Steven King there? He's into good music.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post
                Was Steven King there? He's into good music.
                hard to say - there was about 15K people

Comment

Originally posted by CTMuleman View Post
                  I'm looking forward to this show on Sunday in Hartford. Who are Phil's friends?
                  Only person i stage i recognized was Phil Lesh. I never heard any intro's.

Comment

This was a fun show - moved quickly, sort of. Started at 3:30 and the headliner came on about 10:10. Made for a long day. Was nice while sun was up when it got dark it cooled off quite a bit and rained a bit a couple of times.

I was quite impressed with Particle Kid. He is really good, but then again he is a Nelson. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...rrated-205750/

Next Up was Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real. Again - great guitar work. Micah played this set as well.

Next up were The Revivalists. I missed them at JF cause i knew I would see them here. I really liked them and the show. Whole different energy to the place.

Allison Krause was next. I knew of her but don't think i had ever really listened. She has a truly beautiful voice and an amazing talent on the fiddle.

Phil Lesh and Friends. It was getting late and i think i had a little bit of a buzz from the "smoke." So really didn't know any of his music. It was fun however. I hate to admit i was never really a Dead fan.

Willie Nelson. Started at 10:10 - goodness what a long day. The man is amazing at 86. Played familiar songs and featured his sons and his sister in the band.

Great time.

Comment

Originally posted by Firsttimer View Post

Only person i stage i recognized was Phil Lesh. I never heard any intro's.
                      Never heard intro's on Sunday either, but I did know most, if not all of the band. Rob Barraco ~ Keys, John Molo drums. The remaining members I believe are all part of the Terrapin Family Band. Phil's son Grahame, Ross James & Alex Koford all on guitars and Elliott Peck vocals. Strong setlist for the 90 minute show and a sit in from Mickey Raphael for the closing Going Down the Road Feeling Bad.

I agree with your take on the rest of the show. It was a fun time with a full days worth of music. The light intermittent rain kept many away, but the show was still well attended.

It was Father's day too. Great to see Willie & Phil both getting to play with their sons.

Comment

Working...
                      X