The Day has Arrived - New Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Day has Arrived - New Tool

I am curious to know how many JF fans/threadheads are fans of Tool. They are my favorite band and I have been waiting 13 years+ to hear new music. I have seen them 9 or 10 times since they released their last album, but today they finally released Fear Inoculum; the title track of their upcoming new album, coming Aug 30. I have had the song on loop all day, and am really digging it and so damn stoked for the album

Tool may be too dark for many, but those who appreciate it need to check the song out! Only tool would go over a decade without releasing any new music, and their first song is over 10 minutes in length and still feels too short lol

Sounds good to my ears !!

https://www.jambase.com/article/tool...noculum-single

Comment

Oh boy... I thought Lady Gaga & BonJovi were inapropriate for JF & now somebody has to bring up this stuff
      With all the recent deaths of New Orleans legends, I guess its all over
      Shit.....

Comment

Originally posted by revjimk View Post
        Oh boy... I thought Lady Gaga & BonJovi were inapropriate for JF & now somebody has to bring up this stuff
        Shit.....
        Yep. Remember the day. August 7, 2019. The day Jazz Fest died. Jeez Rev....

Comment

Shit.....
          Is it that Tool is too Dark for you or you actually think they are not good? And I know they will never play jazzfest and do not fit that "scene", but they are still an amazing band in my and millions of people's opinions. I do not think they would ruin jazzfest nor should be considered inappropriate for fest, but I get why they are not the right fit there either.

Comment

Don't know much of Tool.

Did some stuff at a concert of theirs at the Music Bowl years ago here in Melbourne, which is a large outdoor gig, think Hollywood Bowl only bigger.
            Anyway some kid got around security and managed to climb right up high to the apex of the roof supporting cable above the stage.
            It was pretty scary as he would have squashed people if he fell, I think from memory he came down only after being asked to by the lead singer.

Comment

Originally posted by smallyak49 View Post

Is it that Tool is too Dark for you or you actually think they are not good? And I know they will never play jazzfest and do not fit that "scene", but they are still an amazing band in my and millions of people's opinions. I do not think they would ruin jazzfest nor should be considered inappropriate for fest, but I get why they are not the right fit there either.
              I don't think their music in any way fits "New Orleans Jazz & Heritage". JF is eclectic, but not for ANY style of music

Comment

I don't think their music in any way fits "New Orleans Jazz & Heritage". JF is eclectic, but not for ANY style of music
                Neither does Santana, but that's okay cuz YOU like them. Yak did post this in the General Music Discussion and not the Jazz Fest Forum. Give it a rest, Rev.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Neither does Santana, but that's okay cuz YOU like them. Yak did post this in the General Music Discussion and not the Jazz Fest Forum. Give it a rest, Rev.
                  "Yak did post this in the General Music Discussion and not the Jazz Fest Forum"... that hadn't occurred to me
                  OK, General Music Opinion: i don't like 'em.... he asked
                  I think Santana DOES fit JF... Latin inluenced & funky, just like New orleans

Comment

Working...
                  X