The Politics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Politics Thread

Moderator note: Please read before posting.

This one thread replaces the existing, closed thread discussing national politics.

Posts about politics in other threads will be deleted.

To allow for a free exchange of ideas, we'll attempt to keep moderation of this thread light. But personal attacks on other members here will not be tolerated. Attack the idea, not the poster.

The judgement of the moderators is final. If you have a question about it, use the Flag button to contact the moderation team. Public discussion of moderation of this thread will not be allowed.

Repeated violation of any of these rules may lead to temporary or permanent suspension.
    Last edited by swag; 11-02-2020, 05:40 PM.

<Reply reserved for future use>

Comment

Oh, good. A safe, impersonal space to decry cartel-cowboy 4x4-hooptie candidate-menacing motorcades without expressing allegiance to any political party.

Comment

Dont worry Lord Horror/Dubya will rise again.

He will accept the 10,000 bet today

Comment

So what are your plans for watching the returns? Drink of choice? Music? CNN or old Hallmark Christmas movies?

MS has essentially no early voting and no vote by mail so everyone will be standing in line today. The up side of that is we will have a total vote count by probably noon tomorrow instead of waiting days for it. The down side is the votes will all be Republican. We have our water, snacks and chairs ready to go!

GO VOTE if you haven't already!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
            So what are your plans for watching the returns? Drink of choice? Music? CNN or old Hallmark Christmas movies?

MS has essentially no early voting and no vote by mail so everyone will be standing in line today. The up side of that is we will have a total vote count by probably noon tomorrow instead of waiting days for it. The down side is the votes will all be Republican. We have our water, snacks and chairs ready to go!

GO VOTE if you haven't already!!!!!!
            If I was single and childless, I think I would like to do as an acquaintance suggested: ingest a ton of edibles, pass out and wake up to the result tomorrow.

Since that is not the case, I will likely have wine with dinner and then whisky (alternating between Scotch and Irish) while watching the returns, probably surfing around among PBS, NBC, CNN, Fox and MSNBC while surfing the web on my iPad.

Off to vote momentarily.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post

If I was single and childless, I think I would like to do as an acquaintance suggested: ingest a ton of edibles, pass out and wake up to the result tomorrow.

Since that is not the case, I will likely have wine with dinner and then whisky (alternating between Scotch and Irish) while watching the returns, probably surfing around among PBS, NBC, CNN, Fox and MSNBC while surfing the web on my iPad.

Off to vote momentarily.

Coffee (maybe a drop of Kahlua) for us. Surfing around to see if any of the political pundits say anything different from each other or if they'll all just parrot the same thing. My husband leans towards MSNBC but I'll most likely be in and out of a zoom with a political board I'm active on. It will be like a human election returns aggregator since there are people from all over the country, many of them active on the state or national level.

We're less than a mile from our voting precinct so I'll probably make a couple of recons to see what the line looks like and pick a good time to go, if that's even possible. The weather is supposed to be perfect today so no worries on that front.

It's a nice day for a Blue wave.

Musically, I'm going with the Nevilles, in all their many forms.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post
                Dont worry Lord Horror/Dubya will rise again.

He will accept the 10,000 bet today
                Not going to get personal....just making a general statement.....Trumpers may be a little daff and slow to find this Thread, seeing how it's not on the general forum. Lets enjoy this peace before Tucker Carlson tips them off.

I'm sticking with beer, weed and maybe some Chinese food. Kung Pau Virus.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Went to bed around one last night, thinking Trump had it won. Woke up to see Joe still in the hunt. This should be interesting. Trump will challenge any outcome that isn't to his liking like the petulant man-child he is. Gonna be long ride. Buckle up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post
                          We can only hope that continues for some extended period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                            Went to bed around one last night, thinking Trump had it won. Woke up to see Joe still in the hunt. This should be interesting. Trump will challenge any outcome that isn't to his liking like the petulant man-child he is. Gonna be long ride. Buckle up.

(Not here to argue with anyone or call anyone names, just making my observations in the name of Free Speech..).

I felt the same, Gregg, particularly given OH and the vote count in other Rust Belt states last night. I felt ill this AM til I noticed it looks like Joe is winning in WI, MI, NV, with many votes from places like Philadelphia still to be counted. I now think he can pull it out.

Trump and Co. realized this last night, despite their lead, causing him to throw out stupidity like "voting must stop" after the polls had closed. (Dude, when the polls are closed, no one is voting.) Clearly he is trying to keep votes submitted in time per existing law from being counted, trying to freeze the election while he is ahead.

Just read that the USPS found 13 ballots in their court-ordered sweep of Post Offices, a suspiciously low number given the shenanigans Trump has had his stooge orchestrate there coupled with Joy Boy saying yesterday he wouldn't have that done. All anyone should ask for is that every legally submitted vote be counted. Hopefully Trump's attempts to move things to the Supreme Court will fail, as they should, as trying to pull the rug out from under people by negating their vote is un-American. Already I have seen accusations that phony ballots were being created overnight, a ridiculous and unproven charge. Let the state officials, many being Republican, do their job and count all the legal ballots.

The sad thing is the Blue Wave did not occur at a level that took the Senate. Hard to figure how Susan Collins kept her seat, let alone the likes of Lindsay Graham and Moscow Mitch. Even if Biden wins, that will make progress difficult. But, hey, Trump used Executive Orders regularly. Joe can do the same if he wins in the end and takes office rightfully.

Comment

Looks like Sleepy Joe has Michigan and Wisconsin. Nevada and Arizona may pave the road to the White House for Biden/Harris !! Fingers crossed.

Trump Threadhead cheerleaders awfully quiet. ( Just an observation. Nothing personal )

Comment

Working...
                              X