No announcement yet.

The Politics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks swag. Did not know that this thread existed.
    I saw this article and felt that it was interesting and worthy of thoughtful reflection.
    Thank you for leaving it up on my original post all day.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/n...liel-leibovitz

Comment

• We hate lawn signs right?

funniest-yard-signs_7.jpg

Comment

• We still hate yard signs, yes?
        rum.jpg

Comment

• "You can't love your country only when you win."

Comment

• Sad.......

Trump has been on Putin’s side in Ukraine’s long struggle against Russian aggression

Trump has been on Putin's side in Ukraine's long struggle against Russian aggression | CNN Politics

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
              Sad.......

Trump has been on Putin’s side in Ukraine’s long struggle against Russian aggression

Trump has been on Putin's side in Ukraine's long struggle against Russian aggression | CNN Politics
              Trun off CNN (Corporate News Network) Fred. Your brain will thank you.

Comment

• I Thank God for giving us Joe Biden!

Comment

I Thank God for giving us Joe Biden!
                  So do all of the illegal immigrants crossing the Mexican border.

Comment

• Once again, Thank You God for giving us Joe Biden!

Comment

• What's the Matter with the Democrats? - Thomas Frank | The Open Mind - YouTube

I'd donate my left kidney if I could get every partisan democrat to watch this video.

Comment

Once again, Thank You God for giving us Joe Biden!
                        Biden is the wrong candidate for the crisis of concentrated wealth the nation faces. He received more campaign donations from wall street than any president in U.S. history (sourcepensecrets.org...THE place to find out what large industries own your politicians). The political moment we're in requires progressive populism; another FDR. Not another corporate-backed crony like Joe.

Comment

• Have a nice day. I will be praying for you and your family. God bless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Montaigne Lover View Post
                            What's the Matter with the Democrats? - Thomas Frank | The Open Mind - YouTube

I'd donate my left kidney if I could get every partisan democrat to watch this video.
                            Watched it and agree - Biden was one of my least favorite candidates, so was Bill Clinton at the time. However, I don't think that any other democratic candidate in the primary would have beaten Trump. I hate to say it, but I think that Sanders or Warren would have been beaten easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Montaigne Lover View Post

Biden is the wrong candidate for the crisis of concentrated wealth the nation faces. He received more campaign donations from wall street than any president in U.S. history (sourcepensecrets.org...THE place to find out what large industries own your politicians). The political moment we're in requires progressive populism; another FDR. Not another corporate-backed crony like Joe.
                              Have not watched yet but I will.This state of political affairs that threatens our country is so disturbing. I am a flat out middle of the roader. I lean way left on social issues but way right on $$ issues. My focus on conservative financial restraint and zero trust in any, I repeat any government agency to have anything but a self-interested," protecting my job" point of view is virtually total. I love dogs, but you have to cautious around pit-bulls, and the same goes for any and all government bureaucrats. "Frantic Fred" is so strongly committed to a specific ideology that it is sad. I have not much respect for closed minds. We all can learn something. Every single day. To my mind left or right, liberal or conservative is not what is important. Equal rights and equal responsibility and the ability to pay your bills is what i focus on.
                              Last edited by 20/20; 04-07-2022, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordan View Post

Watched it and agree - Biden was one of my least favorite candidates, so was Bill Clinton at the time. However, I don't think that any other democratic candidate in the primary would have beaten Trump. I hate to say it, but I think that Sanders or Warren would have been beaten easily.
                                I strongly disagree my friend. All the polling showed Bernie would have beaten Trump. I knew MANY people on the right that would have voted for him, they're so sick of being lied to they'd rather vote for an honest leftist than another liar.

I think the reason many people thought Bernie couldn't win was because our corporate media told us that a billion times. It was a well-orchestrated campaign to stop him and it worked, sadly.

Comment

Working...
                                X