The Politics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

Have not watched yet but I will.This state of political affairs that threatens our country is so disturbing. I am a flat out middle of the roader. I lean way left on social issues but way right on $$ issues. My focus on conservative financial restraint and zero trust in any, I repeat any government agency to have anything but a self-interested," protecting my job" point of view is virtually total. I love dogs, but you have to cautious around pit-bulls, and the same goes for any and all government bureaucrats. "Frantic Fred" is so strongly committed to a specific ideology that it is sad. I have not much respect for closed minds. We all can learn something. Every single day. To my mind left or right, liberal or conservative is not what is important. Equal rights and equal responsibility and the ability to pay your bills is what i focus on.
    Here is how I see the moment: The economy works in cycles. Wealth concentrates, and then it is broken up. We had the guilded age, then the progressive era. We had the roaring twentiers, then the new deal. Well, wealth is as concentrated in the usa as it has EVER been, and to my mind, that means we need the government to redistribute wealth the way it has in the past. A democratic society MUST have an egalitarian component, and our billionaire class has destroyed any semblance of that. Ben Franklin bemoaned the large fortunes in Europe and their corrupting influence on the body politic. I imagine he'd feel that way about the USA today.

Have a fun day! So excited for fest it almost hurts!

Comment

• Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
      Thanks swag. Did not know that this thread existed.
      I saw this article and felt that it was interesting and worthy of thoughtful reflection.
      Thank you for leaving it up on my original post all day.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/n...liel-leibovitz
      The problem with this analysis is it confuses the democrats for the left. Most of us on the left are not democrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Montaigne Lover View Post

The problem with this analysis is it confuses the democrats for the left. Most of us on the left are not democrats.
        That's ONE problem with this analysis. There are more.

Comment

• Liz Cheney is a brave and strong woman.

Comment

• Liz Cheney interview:

Rep. Liz Cheney 'confident' in Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony l GMA - YouTube

Comment

• Kudos for the FBI

Comment

• All that idiot had to do was return all the documents pronto but no... He thinks the law doesn't apply to him and is finding out you don't fuck with the Feds.

Comment

• The definitive "fuck around and find out" situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delta View Post
                    The definitive "fuck around and find out" situation.
                    No kidding

Comment

• There is ZERO explanation for why Top Secret documents would be in the possession of a private citizen, I don't care what his former job was. Why he wasn't arrested today, I don't understand.

Comment

• Latoya recall? What are the chances?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tulsatime View Post
                          Latoya recall? What are the chances?
                          About the same as her paying back the taxpayers for her first class travel. Worst Mayor in New Orleans history, and that's saying alot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Montaigne Lover View Post
                            I'd donate my left kidney if I could get every partisan democrat to watch this video.
                            Watched. Your turn.

Comment

Working...
                            X