$5 millers, $6 fosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $5 millers, $6 fosters

Somebody told me they're upping the price of beer a buck again. Is this true?

Originally posted by mluke66 View Post
    Somebody told me they're upping the price of beer a buck again. Is this true?
    I don't know about this year's price but did they have Fosters last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
      I don't know about this year's price but did they have Fosters last year?
      Yes, soft drinks and water remain the same but beer's going up according to Ms Lena.

Comment

That's ridiculous! My 1st fest the beers were $2! Well it looks like liquor & iced teas.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina Beadhead View Post
          Yes, soft drinks and water remain the same but beer's going up according to Ms Lena.
          500% profit for Churchill Downs Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by canadianjohn View Post
            That's ridiculous! My 1st fest the beers were $2! Well it looks like liquor & iced teas.
            abita......

Comment

Unbelievable. Didn't they just go to $4 like a year or two ago. My God, how about a quarter or fifty cent raise?

Don't worry, they'll jack the price of water and soda next year.

Comment

Unbelievable. Didn't they just go to $4 like a year or two ago. My God, how about a quarter or fifty cent raise?

Don't worry, they'll jack the price of water and soda next year.
                since it went to $2 (early 90's) they have only done $1 increments. i dont think they want to mess with coins.

history of beer prices (i need assistance with exact years).
                1990 - 1.25
                1991 - 1.75
                1992 - ?
                1993 - 2.00 stayed there were quite a while
                - 3.00 only a few years
                2010 - 5.00

if you drink 5-10 beers per day at fest, it will cost you an additional $35-70 for the week. small amount of your overall budget.
                if you drink more than that you'll never notice.

Comment

Tap beer by the Grandstand stage

Was $1 less than the other selections; they've had a couple of different choices
                  there over the years.

Comment

i remember when beer went from $3 to $4 there was a huge uproar over the 25% increase. the beer booths took the heat, but in reality they were only making about $2 more per case sold.

i fear this will affect tips for Ms. Lena's booth (which her krewe keeps - Not the volunteers). there will not be as many $1's given as change, not as much obvious tip money in the buyers hand.

Comment

Where ya at Swag? Damn Barb, how do you remember numbers? So in 1983 beer must have been .75, maybe not..... I sure as hell don't remember.

Originally posted by stlbarb View Post
                      since it went to $2 (early 90's) they have only done $1 increments. i dont think they want to mess with coins.

history of beer prices (i need assistance with exact years).
                      1990 - 1.25
                      1991 - 1.75
                      1992 - ?
                      1993 - 2.00 stayed there were quite a while
                      - 3.00 only a few years
                      2010 - 5.00

if you drink 5-10 beers per day at fest, it will cost you an additional $35-70 for the week. small amount of your overall budget.
                      if you drink more than that you'll never notice.

Comment

Where ya at Swag? Damn Barb, how do you remember numbers? So in 1983 beer must have been .75, maybe not..... I sure as hell don't remember.
                        i remember important stuff. beer prices are important.

Comment

When you factor in the ridiculous price of soda and water, and the fact you can barely bring any water in -- and God luck finding a water fountain (I suspect those will be taken out soon too. No reason to lose that money.) -- and good luck if you're a local taking your family there.

Oh, French Quarter Fest had $4, 16-oz. Abitas, i believe.

I'm sure the money will be passed on to the local musicians, right?

Maybe they can use the extra thousands they'll make to finally build the sign that says, "Welcome to Jazz Fest, Locals Stay Home"

I can't imagine being middle class in New Orleans and trying to take a family of four out there.

Worse, when someone like Trombone Shortly is adored on the stage, but a 16-year-old who plays trumpet from Treme can't afford to go.

Comment

When you factor in the ridiculous price of soda and water, and the fact you can barely bring any water in -- and God luck finding a water fountain (I suspect those will be taken out soon too. No reason to lose that money.) -- and good luck if you're a local taking your family there.

I can't imagine being middle class in New Orleans and trying to take a family of four out there.
                            We have several friends in the city who make a GOOD living by any standard and they are NOT bringing their family of 4 to the Fest because it is

$160 to get in (with the early $40 a day ticket) (assuming kids over 12 or whatever the limit is (which is generous - actually).

and everyone gets one snack (yeah - right) 4 X 5 = $20

Parking $20

you're at $200 for a DAY and you've brought your own water, you've had one snack on the fairgrounds and that's it. That's a lot of money - let alone $600 for a weekend

It is a lot like other forms of entertainment that used to be billed as family friendly - try to take a family of 4 to a major league baseball game ! Heck - it gets pricey even if you have a AA or AAA team near you !

Things are just too expensive.

PS - Barb - your recall of beer prices is just freakish
                            Last edited by Orleansnj; 04-17-2010, 11:21 AM.

Comment

http://swag.livejournal.com/tag/beer

I had the increase for this year posted two days ago.

The increase from $3 => $4 was Fest 2007. My first fest was 1996, and it was definitely $2 that year. I forget when the $2 => $3 bump was.
                              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X