Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Trickeration & Rascality" available online, my band @ dba this Sun

Hey everyone,

Just a little shameless self promo to my TH friends, hope you will oblige me for a moment.

I FINALLY have my new Threadhead Records CD up for sale through my website and Chris put it up on Bandcamp for downloads and listening. You can access all of that through the front page of my site at www.marcstonemusic.com or go directly to the Bandcamp page at http://threadheadrecords.bandcamp.co...tion-rascality . Thanks to everyone who supported the CD and has picked on up from me or LMF already. For those of you who haven't had a chance to check it out, I think you can hear all of the tracks in full on bandcamp if you are curious.

If you are in NOLA this weekend, my band will be at dba on Frenchmen St. this Sunday at 10pm, no cover. We've done the Memorial Day eve gig there before and it's a blast. A bunch of friends are supposed to show up and sit in, should be a good time.

Thanks, hope everyone has a great weekend!

Cool, Marc! Really enjoying the cd and glad to hear it's now available online.

Comment

I bought this CD in NOLA and highly recommend it. It is a very nice addition to any collection!

Comment

I love it, too, although I do have to skip track 1 when the g'daughter's in the car. I don't much like hearing the 3 y/o sing "Don't Let The Bullshit Bring You Down".

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina Beadhead View Post
          I love it, too, although I do have to skip track 1 when the g'daughter's in the car. I don't much like hearing the 3 y/o sing "Don't Let The Bullshit Bring You Down".
          Really? Well I've created a nice mash-up that mixes the refrain of that song with Galactic's "Do It Again" if you'd like to try that instead. My kids think it's da bomb, yo.

Seriously though, I agree. Marc's new album is great and gets better with each listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina Beadhead View Post
            I hear ya Susan. My g'daughter used to lik eto sing "Uncle Bud "with Boozoo. She'd get mad when I forwarded thru "Uncle Bud's got a p@#$@r like a a baseball bat"........

Comment

Hey Marc, think Houston. There is only about 4 or 5 million people in the Houston area.

Comment

Great album!

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words, glad you like the CD. Sorry about the bad word thing, it just went with the meaning of the song. I've had a bunch of DJs request radio edits of that tune, so I may create one soon. When I do, anyone who wants a copy of the "clean" version can let me know and I will send it to them.

Lit, I'd like to hear that!

Fred, good point about Houston, I need to look into venues there. Any suggestions are definitely welcome.

Thanks again!

Comment

for the 3rd time since returnin' home from fest,.. i found myself readin' the offbeat comments regardin' your many skills....

it's a nice read... congrats....

Comment

[QUOTE=Marc Stone;341961]

Fred, good point about Houston, I need to look into venues there. Any suggestions are definitely welcome.

Try talking with Rusty at the Mucky Duck.
                      http://www.mcgonigels.com/

Here are some friends that have House Concerts. The door is normally $20 with 20-35 folks. All of the money goes to the artist.

http://piney-woods-performances.blogspot.com/

http://thesidedoorsessions.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/kpsid

There are several more venues, including House Concerts, Coffee Houses and clubs that might be interested.
                      The Corner Pub in Conroe TX (north Houston) is another place to call.

Marc, let me know if I can be of any help.
                      fredtexasjffanatic at yahoo com

Comment

Marc, just wanted to let you know how much my husband I enjoyed your CD on our drive home from Jazz Fest. The whole CD has been on constant rotation on my iPod on my trip here to Afghanistan and since I've settled in here. It really gets me going in the morning as I'm waiting on the caffiene to hit so that I can face the sandstorm du Jour

Will be hitting up JF next year, second weekend. Hope you are either playing at Fest that weekend or somewhere around town so that we can catch a live show!

Keep making great music!!

Michelle

Comment

Working...
                        X