All things Grateful Dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revjimk View Post

No comments for 5 months & you have to start it up again..... 135 pages for a band that has never played JF & never will???
    Isn't there a Grateful Dead Forum somewhere?
    The title of the thread has the words 'Grateful Dead' in it. If you're not interested why would you even bother clicking on the thread? Seriously, think about it.
    Last edited by Jim; 08-01-2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim View Post

Thanks! I have a copy of the 03/10/93 show and it's excellent. The Let It Grow to end the first set is burning.
      Yeah, I was at all three nights and the 10th and 11th were the best of the trio, although the 9th has some great moments. That Eyes of the World to start the second set on the 10th is one of my favorite versions.

Comment

• Originally posted by revjimk View Post

No comments for 5 months & you have to start it up again..... 135 pages for a band that has never played JF & never will???
        Isn't there a Grateful Dead Forum somewhere?
        Hee hee, sorry to ruin your day. Lots of Grateful Dead sites out there if your interested. I tell you what....you stop talking Cajun/Zydeco and I'll ease back on the Dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quint View Post
          Going to the theater tonight. 91 is about the last year ill relisten too, but not often. Still should be fun with some old friends.
          You grizzled ole hippie you. Thanks for the reminder. Can we sit together ? Just don't Lol thru the whole thing.

7pm at Broad Street Theatre for any other locals interested.

https://ticketing.us.veezi.com/purch...h0x4e8k0e4nvy8

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

You grizzled ole hippie you. Thanks for the reminder. Can we sit together ? Just don't Lol thru the whole thing.

7pm at Broad Street Theatre for any other locals interested.

https://ticketing.us.veezi.com/purch...h0x4e8k0e4nvy8
            I was thinking about going.....but the crowds turned ugly.

Comment

• I ran out of weed so what's the point... (J/K)

Happy birthday, Jerry, and thanks for all the good times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post

Is it that much trouble for you to avoid clicking on the thread if you know you have no interest in the discussion?
                You're right. Just a pet peeve, like people leaving shopping carts right in the middle of otherwise open parking spaces!
                Last edited by revjimk; 08-02-2019, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Hee hee, sorry to ruin your day. Lots of Grateful Dead sites out there if your interested. I tell you what....you stop talking Cajun/Zydeco and I'll ease back on the Dead.
                  Didn't wreck my day, it just bugs me. Cajun & Zydeco still play JF, Dead never did & never will. "Lots of Grateful Dead sites out there if YOU are interested"!

Comment

• The Dead were too big for Jazz Fest. It would have been a circus unlike anything Jazz Fest has EVER seen, including the infamous 1996 Phish appearance. Maybe in the late 70's or early 80's, before the Dead started selling out multiple nights at pro football stadiums, but Fest was not booking 'those' types of BNA's back then. Since Jerry's passing ( Happy birthday, big guy ) Bob Weir's band Ratdog have appeared as has Phil Lesh and friends, so yes......no Dead, but Dead spin off bands have a history at Jazz Fest.....alongside Bon Jovi and Clifton Chenier and so on.

Comment

The Dead were too big for Jazz Fest. It would have been a circus unlike anything Jazz Fest has EVER seen, including the infamous 1996 Phish appearance. Maybe in the late 70's or early 80's, before the Dead started selling out multiple nights at pro football stadiums, but Fest was not booking 'those' types of BNA's back then. Since Jerry's passing ( Happy birthday, big guy ) Bob Weir's band Ratdog have appeared as has Phil Lesh and friends, so yes......no Dead, but Dead spin off bands have a history at Jazz Fest.....alongside Bon Jovi and Clifton Chenier and so on.
                      Correct. It would absolutely have ruined JF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim View Post

The title of the thread has the words 'Grateful Dead' in it. If you're not interested why would you even bother clicking on the thread? Seriously, think about it.
                        You're right. it just bugs me. I was thrilled that the thread was moribund for months

Comment

• Who gives a rats ass if it bugs you?!?!? People who cap on other's musical tastes in a music forum really need to do a re-think. What value is there in that? Your opinion is no more valid than anyone else's. Anyone who likes the Dead knows many people don't, so be it, but to pop on a Dead thread and make negative comments is pretty low.

And, growing up in the Bay Area seeing the band in their fire breathing heyday, it is clear you have no idea what you are talking about. But you are entitled to your opinion. Just show a little class and take your jive comments somewhere else.
                          Last edited by chopitulas; 08-02-2019, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
                            Who gives a rats ass if it bugs you?!?!? People who cap on other's musical tastes in a music forum really need to do a re-think. What value is there in that? Your opinion is no more valid than anyone else's. Anyone who likes the Dead knows many people don't, so be it, but to pop on a Dead thread and make negative comments is pretty low.

And, growing up in the Bay Area seeing the band in their fire breathing heyday, it is clear you have no idea what you are talking about. But you are entitled to your opinion. Just show a little class and take your jive comments somewhere else.
                            Damn, settle down...

Comment

• Originally posted by BettsSS View Post

Damn, settle down...

You might direct that at the dude taking the time to make unnecessary snide comments but whatever...

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
                                Who gives a rats ass if it bugs you?!?!? People who cap on other's musical tastes in a music forum really need to do a re-think. What value is there in that? Your opinion is no more valid than anyone else's. Anyone who likes the Dead knows many people don't, so be it, but to pop on a Dead thread and make negative comments is pretty low.

You have every right to your own musical taste & have my encouragement to enjoy any band you want. This is a Jazzfest forum. Once again, Dead have never played JF & never will... get it?
                                I'm out. I knew this would provoke an Attack of the Killer Sheep anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X