Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Grateful Dead.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Lit View Post


    Well Crosby apparently saw a similarity between her and Jerry:

    I appreciate the relevant findings.

    Now, if I can just get Led Zepplin's thoughts about Bonnie Raitt, I think I will have enough information to form my own opinion.

    (I have always prided myself on my sense of independant thinking)

    Comment


    • Happy Birthday on your 10th Birthday.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

        I appreciate the relevant findings.

        Now, if I can just get Led Zepplin's thoughts about Bonnie Raitt, I think I will have enough information to form my own opinion.

        (I have always prided myself on my sense of independant thinking)
        All that matters is what Van Morrison thinks.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kemp View Post

          All that matters is what Van Morrison thinks.
          Just ask him.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Lit View Post

            Just ask him.
            I'm scared to.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kemp View Post

              I'm scared to.
              You just need the pluck of the Irish

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
                I support this thread.

                Every single Dicks Picks, in separate zip files
                https://www.mediafire.com/folder/g0i...ck's_Picks
                Wow! Enjoying Volume 30 right now. Muchas gracias.

                Comment


                • Nice article. Thanks. I saw David Crosby a few years ago and he can still sing for sure.

                  Comment


                  • check out this sick Ship of Fools through China Doll. Jerry is feeling it!
                    https://youtu.be/eOKWblRKJE8?t=860

                    Comment


                    • Grateful Dead’s Bob Weir, Congressman Mike Thompson Rally Support for Indie Venues and Save Our Stages Act

                      https://variety.com/2020/music/news/...gsf8OkD7cIIb5Q

                      I hope this happens ...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BostonDavid View Post
                        Grateful Dead’s Bob Weir, Congressman Mike Thompson Rally Support for Indie Venues and Save Our Stages Act

                        https://variety.com/2020/music/news/...gsf8OkD7cIIb5Q

                        I hope this happens ...
                        Hey David, I don't know how long you have been in Boston, but by any chance did you make it to the truly inspired, utterly majestic, at times even musically groundbreaking Boston Garden September 1991 run?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

                          Hey David, I don't know how long you have been in Boston, but by any chance did you make it to the truly inspired, utterly majestic, at times even musically groundbreaking Boston Garden September 1991 run?
                          Hey Matthew!

                          I’ve been in Boston since 83 but I did not get to those Boston Garden shows and I can’t really say why. I had seen the Dead in Worcester a few years earlier and another year we flew to Oakland for New Years Eve, which was cool. TBH: by 91 I was probably more about the Neville Brothers. I can recall an old broadcast from Oakland for a different NYE with the Dead and the Nevilles (MC-ed by a very stoned Al Franken) where Franken asked some young woman in the crowd if she was a Deadhead and she (also very stoned but not as bad as Al) thought for a minute and said, no, she was a Neville-head. So was I. I have come to enjoy later period Dead (after 77 to me) more as time as gone by, usually when someone points me in the right direction. I will give those 91 BG shows a listen pronto.

                          How’s that for a long answer to a simple question?!

                          Comment


                          • Try as I might, I just can't get into post-Brent GD

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
                              check out this sick Ship of Fools through China Doll. Jerry is feeling it!
                              https://youtu.be/eOKWblRKJE8?t=860


                              How sick is this though around the 20 min mark?

                              Comment


                              • So last night I put Dicks Picks 17, Boston Garden 91, on and tried to summon the spirit of Bill Walton as I watched the Celtics. The music didn’t work for the Celts but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very interesting keyboard and vocal arrangements and Weir coming into his own. Jerry’s playing was beautiful though his voice was pretty worn down. Good stuff!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X