X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jjazznj
    replied
    Originally posted by FestJester View Post
    As an aging DeadHead who is grateful to have seen the original Dead a number of times along with the great JGB, I heard a version of Dark Star on the XM Dead Channel by John Mayer and "Dead & Co." that sounded like absolute dreck - terrible. Had visions of Jerry either laughing boisterous or spinning in his grave. I do understand this fraud of a tribute band is ending soon. Any opinions on this? Am I missing something?
    I thought the same thing whenever I listened to them. Some people just need a Dead fix any which way they can get it. Phil's bands are the only ones I was ever interested in seeing, especially when he has Scofield on guitar.

Leave a comment:

• Meters Fan
    replied
    Am I missing something?
    185 plus GD shows under my belt and the answer is "No, you're not missing anything"

The real GD torch is being carried high and wide by Billy Strings.

Leave a comment:

• Meters Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
    You Druggies are disgraceful.
    But not unGrateful. Wait, what was the question?

Leave a comment:

• 20/20
    replied
    You Druggies are disgraceful.

Leave a comment:

• chopitulas
    replied
    As an aging DeadHead who is grateful to have seen the original Dead a number of times along with the great JGB, I heard a version of Dark Star on the XM Dead Channel by John Mayer and "Dead & Co." that sounded like absolute dreck - terrible. Had visions of Jerry either laughing boisterous or spinning in his grave. I do understand this fraud of a tribute band is ending soon. Any opinions on this? Am I missing something?
    Nope. I go back to 1967 with the Dead in San Francisco and Dead & Co. just doesn't work for me either. Not at all.

Now Furthur I came to really like.

Leave a comment:

• FestJester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chopitulas
    replied
    Thanks, Jim!

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    Here is the webcast of Phil’s set at Stern Grove.

Leave a comment:

• Meters Fan
    replied
    The local rag weighed in with a favorable review as well.

Leave a comment:

• chopitulas
    replied
    Nice set list! Musta been a wonderful SF afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    Originally posted by Meters Fan View Post
    I wouldn't put Phil in the ground just yet. He and his band were great! Dark Star>St Stephen>Shakedown>Let it Grow>?>Terrapin> Playin'>Mountains of the Moon>Somewhere Over the Rainbow>UJB with plenty of spacey Jalmon going down betwixt and between. Fiddler and Harp player were welcome additions.

Truthfully, I wasn't expecting to like it as I've too been burned out of GD for awhile. But they delivered the goods and every rump was shaking.

Smiles all around.

Good times in Stern Grove
    I was there and agree 100%. I thought I would enjoy it but it easily exceeded my expectations. Very cool show.

Leave a comment:

• Meters Fan
    replied
    I wouldn't put Phil in the ground just yet. He and his band were great! Dark Star>St Stephen>Shakedown>Let it Grow>?>Terrapin> Playin'>Mountains of the Moon>Somewhere Over the Rainbow>UJB with plenty of spacey Jalmon going down betwixt and between. Fiddler and Harp player were welcome additions.

Truthfully, I wasn't expecting to like it as I've too been burned out of GD for awhile. But they delivered the goods and every rump was shaking.

Smiles all around.

Good times in Stern Grove
    Last edited by Meters Fan; 08-14-2022, 09:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
    Nice to see the Dead Thread back in play. I'm a little 'Jerry'd out' after the anniversary of his birth and death so close together. Put em back in the ground....or back in the river.
    I hear you. I’m a big fan but think it’s overdone.

Leave a comment:

• mangochill
    replied
    Don’t speak bad about Jerry. It’s poor form.

Leave a comment:

• Marignygregg
    replied
    Nice to see the Dead Thread back in play. I'm a little 'Jerry'd out' after the anniversary of his birth and death so close together. Put em back in the ground....or back in the river.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X