All things Grateful Dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't remember whether I posted this here yet or not:

The "Sportscenter's up next here on ESPN" line gets me every time.

Comment

• And the rent-free occupation continues!
      Last edited by ; 04-22-2015, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Good deal, glad to be able to watch from home on the 4th. Very nice!

Comment

• Got an emaul yesterday saying "We regret to inform you that the Santa Clara "Grateful Dead" shows are sold out, but there are a limited number of SkyBoxes available for select loyal fans to reserve..."

I always felt like I was a select loyal fan, but it's nice to have it confirmed by the "Grateful Dead" themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
            Got an emaul yesterday
            That sounds painful. Did Bear send it?

Comment

• Hoped someone would like that....

Comment

• Just so nobody ever forgets

Comment

• http://www.jambase.com/Articles/1248...mbers-For-Tour Will guitarist John Mayer team with members of the Grateful Dead for a fall tour? Billboard reports multiple sources indicate a fall tour featuring Mayer and members of the Dead are in the works.

Comment

• I'm hitting up Voodoo Dead at 2am next friday, and Joe Russo's Almost Dead Saturday night. Who's going to either of those? Mormonmatthew??

Comment

• Working on last nights JRAD show in Wisco. Should be posted on archive.org tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post
                        Can't remember whether I posted this here yet or not:

The "Sportscenter's up next here on ESPN" line gets me every time.

Reminds me of a story- in 1996 and 1997 I was in charge of the concerts at my college, SUNY Binghamton (formerly Harpur College). One time we were getting ready for a show (I think it was P-Funk) and one of the school's athletic directors told me how he used to be the assistant coach of the basketball team. One time they got back from an away game, and found all these guys "smoking dope" in the locker room. The head coach got angry and kicked them out. A few days later the team was at another away game, and some music was playing over the loudspeaker. The head coach asked the assistant who the band was because he liked the song and wanted to get the record. The reply was, "Coach- these are the guys you kicked out of the locker room last week." It was the Grateful Dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxPoints View Post

Reminds me of a story- in 1996 and 1997 I was in charge of the concerts at my college, SUNY Binghamton (formerly Harpur College). One time we were getting ready for a show (I think it was P-Funk) and one of the school's athletic directors told me how he used to be the assistant coach of the basketball team. One time they got back from an away game, and found all these guys "smoking dope" in the locker room. The head coach got angry and kicked them out. A few days later the team was at another away game, and some music was playing over the loudspeaker. The head coach asked the assistant who the band was because he liked the song and wanted to get the record. The reply was, "Coach- these are the guys you kicked out of the locker room last week." It was the Grateful Dead.
                          Great story. And no mention of Harpur College in this thread would be complete without reference to one of my most cherished boots of all time:

https://archive.org/details/gd1970-0....120081.flac16

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post

Great story. And no mention of Harpur College in this thread would be complete without reference to one of my most cherished boots of all time:

https://archive.org/details/gd1970-0....120081.flac16

That's the show from the story, and I agree with you on most cherished. According to the assistant coach, Jerry was incredibly nice and polite about the incident. Side note- through my job with concerts, I found the contract from 5/2/70 for renting a Hammond for PigPen. I wish I kept a copy (or made one!)

Comment

• Behind the Scenes of the Grateful Dead's Historic, Hugely Profitable Reunion

With two more reunion shows, the pioneering jam band foils scalpers and appeases shut-out fans while looking at a haul of $50 million. But is the end really near, or will a new lineup appear?

When the "Core Four" surviving members of The Grateful Dead -- Bob Weir, 67; Phil Lesh, 75; Mickey Hart, 71; and Bill Kreutzmann, 68 -- announced Fare Thee Well, a trio of final shows in Chicago set for July 4-6, no one expected a backlash from fans. After all, the Dead had pioneered the complicated craft of preferred ticketing, launching its own Grateful Dead Ticket Services in the '70s to accommodate tapers, fan club members and Deadheads looking to attend shows in multiple cities, a common rite of passage for the bandís followers.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...irection=false

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxPoints View Post

That's the show from the story, and I agree with you on most cherished. According to the assistant coach, Jerry was incredibly nice and polite about the incident. Side note- through my job with concerts, I found the contract from 5/2/70 for renting a Hammond for PigPen. I wish I kept a copy (or made one!)
                                Yep, one of the first ones I came across.

Comment

Working...
                                X