$3 Water - revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $3 Water - revisited

When I purchase my Jazz Fest Ticket, I know what I am in for. I know that I am going to over-pay for Beer, Sodas, Food, Snacks Souviners and Swag. And I am somewhat o.k. with that!

But the only thing that truely bothers me about Jazz Fest is knowing that I am going to have to pay 3 dollars for a 20-ounce bottle of Dasani Water that cost less than 20-cents to produce. Especially when it is 95 degrees and no clouds in sight.

I know that there are a few water fountains (the fountains between the Gentilly Stage & the Fais Do Do Stage are NASTY!) and I know that we are allowed to bring in a sealed 1-liter bottle of water. But the day is long and the body needs proper hydration to survive!

Like I said, I expect to pay a great deal of money for the things that I consume at Jazz Fest, but of all the things to price gouge on, Three Dollar Water is wrong.

What are you paying Swag to do?

Comment

I thought that membership to the Threadhead nation includes the special handshake AND unlimited Swag!

Comment

Originally posted by PassDemFunkyPeas View Post
        When I purchase my Jazz Fest Ticket, I know what I am in for. I know that I am going to over-pay for Beer, Sodas, Food, Snacks Souviners and Swag. And I am somewhat o.k. with that!

But the only thing that truely bothers me about Jazz Fest is knowing that I am going to have to pay 3 dollars for a 20-ounce bottle of Dasani Water that cost less than 20-cents to produce. Especially when it is 95 degrees and no clouds in sight.

I know that there are a few water fountains (the fountains between the Gentilly Stage & the Fais Do Do Stage are NASTY!) and I know that we are allowed to bring in a sealed 1-liter bottle of water. But the day is long and the body needs proper hydration to survive!

Like I said, I expect to pay a great deal of money for the things that I consume at Jazz Fest, but of all the things to price gouge on, Three Dollar Water is wrong.
        Somebody cut this guy to shreds.

Comment

On a serious note, I also hate the fact that you need to shell out $3.00 bux for a bottle of water that's probably worth about a nickle, but while it sucks, it's pretty much the industry standard at just about any concert venue in America.

I blame the Ukrainians....

Comment

Just remember, all of the profits from drinks go to the house.
            Churchill Downs Inc.

Comment

Swag's price has gone up since he became Grand Poobah.

Comment

I'll never complain about $3.00 water after paying $5.00/bottle at Crossroads 2010 while sitting in the bottom of a freakin metalic bowl in 100 plus heat.

Comment

$3.00 bottled water is pretty average for a festival/concert event imo. I've paid more and I've paid less. Seems about in the middle to me.

Would be much nicer, and much more progressive and environmentally responsible to sell Nalgene bottles and refill them for free with good drinking water (like they do at Life is Good, and probably some others, I'm guessing), but most still do not do this, unfortunately.

Comment

I freeze water bottles and bring a couple in with me... I have cool water to drink as it thaws.

Comment

It would be great if they could do something like this:

http://www.eventwatersolutions.com/

Comment

Originally posted by i wanna be in NOLA View Post
                        I'll never complain about $3.00 water after paying $5.00/bottle at Crossroads 2010 while sitting in the bottom of a freakin metalic bowl in 100 plus heat.
                        It's $5.25 at the movie theater. Does anyone actually pay that? When there are nice clean drinking fountains in the hallways? And you're only there for 2 hours?

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post
                          $3.00 bottled water is pretty average for a festival/concert event imo. I've paid more and I've paid less. Seems about in the middle to me.

Would be much nicer, and much more progressive and environmentally responsible to sell Nalgene bottles and refill them for free with good drinking water (like they do at Life is Good, and probably some others, I'm guessing), but most still do not do this, unfortunately.
                          +1

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post

Outside Lands also does this. It's cheaper, lines move faster, you avoid using tens of thousands of plastic bottles, and you get to take home a souvenir cup. Basically a win-win for everybody except Coca-Cola (which of course makes Dasani).
                            Last edited by bRETT; 12-18-2011, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn View Post
                              It would be great if they could do something like this:

http://www.eventwatersolutions.com/
                              That would be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X