X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by festjazz View Post
    Black Crowes - Sat. May 4 - M. Jackson Theater
    Are they really playing together again? Thought Chris Robinson was concentrating on the Chris Robinson Brotherhood. They are great, but definitely would be excited for a Crowes show!

Comment

Originally posted by nealbook View Post
      Are they really playing together again? Thought Chris Robinson was concentrating on the Chris Robinson Brotherhood. They are great, but definitely would be excited for a Crowes show!
      yup. looks like they just announced a full tour, ending with that MJT show.

http://blackcrowes.com/

Comment

Originally posted by rstarr View Post
        yup. looks like they just announced a full tour, ending with that MJT show.

http://blackcrowes.com/
        Hmmm, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2nd weekend fairgrounds date added...
        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by festjazz View Post
          Black Crowes - Sat. May 4 - M. Jackson Theater
          I am there. Cool.

I hope they run out about 8 or 10 special guests.

Comment

Definitely already sets the 2nd weekend Sat. plans.

Would be cool if there was a Chris Robinson Brotherhood show some night too. The one late night at Tip's last year was great.

Comment

Talk of late night shows gets me smiling.

Comment

"Chris Robinson (lead vocals, guitar), Rich Robinson (guitar, vocals), Steve Gorman (drums), Sven Pipien (bass) and Adam Macdougall (keyboards) of THE BLACK CROWES “are thrilled to announce the addition of our good friend Jackie Greene” on guitar and vocals."

damn...so no Luther???

looks like Saturday night is filled already....ha..ha..

http://theblackcrowesmobile.com/press-release/

Comment

Originally posted by innertube View Post
                  "Chris Robinson (lead vocals, guitar), Rich Robinson (guitar, vocals), Steve Gorman (drums), Sven Pipien (bass) and Adam Macdougall (keyboards) of THE BLACK CROWES “are thrilled to announce the addition of our good friend Jackie Greene” on guitar and vocals."
                  That's a downgrade imho. I like Jackie Greene, but he's no Luther. Especially as an instrumentalist.

Comment

Originally posted by sitdancer View Post
                    That's a downgrade imho. I like Jackie Greene, but he's no Luther. Especially as an instrumentalist.
                    Agree he does not match Luther on the guitar, but I saw Jackie Greene play solo and with Bob Weir two weeks ago and Jackei was great. Played guitar,banjo, harmonica and keyboards. Could be cool with the Crowes, but definitely need to have a smoking' guitarist on board.

Comment

Originally posted by innertube View Post

damn...so no Luther???

looks like Saturday night is filled already....ha..ha..

http://theblackcrowesmobile.com/press-release/
                      I guess Luther is back with NMAS full time then. A shame imo, he really re-energized the BC.

Comment

Boom Boom Room has now added two more shows for Tuesday night (4/30):

Dragon Smoke at OEJ
                        The WHIP at Blue Nile

Nothing new, the whole calendar looks exactly like last year's so far. I see that with somewhat mixed feelings. The Boom Boom Room shows are always amongst my favorites, especially Monday and Tuesday between. But at the same time I'd like to see them switch it up a bit and come up with something new. The promoters clearly have a great feel for putting together one-off line-ups.

Comment

I agree with everything u said, but I wish they would find a larger room for Dragonsmoke, it has gone past claustrophobic to people elbowing each other for space.

Comment

Yea - it's pretty stale that Boom Boom Room has booked the exact same shows, down to the exact same nights, at the exact same times... as the past 2 or more years.

Good to look elsewhere.

Comment

I'm betting bigeasy and his krewe will be putting a fiyawerks show or two out there for our jazzfest. He has a knack for putting folks together too ala the papalactic congress show at OEJ tomorrow night.

Comment

GPJr

4/27 Sat @ Maison
                                5/4 Sat @ dba

See post #23 for the latest full list.
                                Last edited by McGregor; 01-01-2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X