• swag
    replied
    Here's the new Grids thread:

http://chat.nojazzfest.com/showthrea...ain-updated%29

Leave a comment:

• swag
    replied
    Originally posted by McGregor View Post
    hey swag, can you see if you can update that link you have above? It's not showing up anymore. thanks so much!!
    Festy said the URLs may change again, so for now I removed the link, left the text. Once the URLs are finalized I can add it back.

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
    I was thinking maybe the first post on this thread should have the updated list. That would make it easy for folks to find it.
    Good idea, except I can't give control to edit that post, nor can I move his post to the top. McGregor, you can start a new thread if you want to have your post first, and I can lock this one. But this should all become moot once the grids website is up and running and updated.

Leave a comment:

• funkkjunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by McGregor View Post
    hey swag, can you see if you can update that link you have above? It's not showing up anymore. thanks so much!!
    I was thinking maybe the first post on this thread should have the updated list. That would make it easy for folks to find it.

Leave a comment:

• McGregor
    replied
    Originally posted by swag View Post
    See post #23 for the latest full list.

Leave a comment:

• McGregor
    replied
    5/2 Fri
    dba – Cedric Burnside Project

5/5
    dba - eric lindell

4/29 California Honeydrops - Blue Nile

Last edited by McGregor; 01-02-2013, 11:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• McGregor
    replied
    GPJr

4/27 Sat @ Maison
    5/4 Sat @ dba

Last edited by McGregor; 01-01-2013, 06:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• funkkjunkie
    replied
    I'm betting bigeasy and his krewe will be putting a fiyawerks show or two out there for our jazzfest. He has a knack for putting folks together too ala the papalactic congress show at OEJ tomorrow night.

Leave a comment:

• TheBoogieSpot
    replied
    Yea - it's pretty stale that Boom Boom Room has booked the exact same shows, down to the exact same nights, at the exact same times... as the past 2 or more years.

Good to look elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• PapaGrowsNYC
    replied
    I agree with everything u said, but I wish they would find a larger room for Dragonsmoke, it has gone past claustrophobic to people elbowing each other for space.

Leave a comment:

• sitdancer
    replied
    Boom Boom Room has now added two more shows for Tuesday night (4/30):

Dragon Smoke at OEJ
    The WHIP at Blue Nile

Nothing new, the whole calendar looks exactly like last year's so far. I see that with somewhat mixed feelings. The Boom Boom Room shows are always amongst my favorites, especially Monday and Tuesday between. But at the same time I'd like to see them switch it up a bit and come up with something new. The promoters clearly have a great feel for putting together one-off line-ups.

Leave a comment:

• ohio
    replied
    Originally posted by innertube View Post
    "Chris Robinson (lead vocals, guitar), Rich Robinson (guitar, vocals), Steve Gorman (drums), Sven Pipien (bass) and Adam Macdougall (keyboards) of THE BLACK CROWES “are thrilled to announce the addition of our good friend Jackie Greene” on guitar and vocals."

damn...so no Luther???

looks like Saturday night is filled already....ha..ha..

http://theblackcrowesmobile.com/press-release/
    I guess Luther is back with NMAS full time then. A shame imo, he really re-energized the BC.

Leave a comment:

• nealbook
    replied
    Originally posted by sitdancer View Post
    That's a downgrade imho. I like Jackie Greene, but he's no Luther. Especially as an instrumentalist.
    Agree he does not match Luther on the guitar, but I saw Jackie Greene play solo and with Bob Weir two weeks ago and Jackei was great. Played guitar,banjo, harmonica and keyboards. Could be cool with the Crowes, but definitely need to have a smoking' guitarist on board.

Leave a comment:

• sitdancer
    replied
    Originally posted by innertube View Post
    "Chris Robinson (lead vocals, guitar), Rich Robinson (guitar, vocals), Steve Gorman (drums), Sven Pipien (bass) and Adam Macdougall (keyboards) of THE BLACK CROWES “are thrilled to announce the addition of our good friend Jackie Greene” on guitar and vocals."
    That's a downgrade imho. I like Jackie Greene, but he's no Luther. Especially as an instrumentalist.

Leave a comment:

• innertube
    replied

damn...so no Luther???

looks like Saturday night is filled already....ha..ha..

http://theblackcrowesmobile.com/press-release/

Leave a comment:

• funkkjunkie
    replied
    Talk of late night shows gets me smiling.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X