Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Youtube music video of the day

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Elton John's set closing "Rocket Man" in front of 120,000 fans at Glastonbury. I got the whole set from the dimeadozen download site and it was incredible, beautifully filmed by the BBC. I read it set viewership records in the U.K.

    Captain Fantastic indeed.

    Comment


    • Comment


      • Comment


        • In honor of Infamous Weekend fest this weekend (driving down in a few hours). Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) should like this one. https://youtu.be/-z7cWUqRybw?si=TbsPWAwcPsSN102W

          Comment


          • In honor of Infamous Weekend fest this weekend (driving down in a few hours). Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) should like this one.
             

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Molo
              In honor of Infamous Weekend fest this weekend (driving down in a few hours). Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) should like this one. https://youtu.be/-z7cWUqRybw?si=TbsPWAwcPsSN102W
              Thanks! Enjoy the weekend. It was on my radar but will miss this.
              Have ticket for The Dusters next Tuesday in Nashville. Saw them 3 times
              within 20 hours during Telluride Bluegrass in June. Their Nightgrass show
              was off the charts! Then on Sunday at the festival they played a gospel set.

              Comment


              • Hey Fred ! If you are up for some great music after the Dusters show, The Cowpokes go on stage around 10 at Post 82. It is quite the scene and when they finish up at around 11-30 you can just walk up the to the top of the car park where the wonderful Todd Day Wait Band start their show at The Underdog. Even more of a scene! This was my m.o last week after Tyler C finished at the Opry. Enjoy Nashville.

                Comment


                • Thanks Marc! Will add to my to do list. And that is just Tuesday night, " the slow night".
                  I cannot believe the Punch Brothers are playing Station Inn. Will miss due to The Awards show.
                  FOMS!!!

                  How was Roots & Rhythm?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Molo
                    In honor of Infamous Weekend fest this weekend (driving down in a few hours). Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) should like this one. https://youtu.be/-z7cWUqRybw?si=TbsPWAwcPsSN102W
                    Please report back when you get a chance.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic)
                      Thanks Marc! Will add to my to do list. And that is just Tuesday night, " the slow night".
                      I cannot believe the Punch Brothers are playing Station Inn. Will miss due to The Awards show.
                      FOMS!!!

                      How was Roots & Rhythm?
                      As usual, I enjoyed almost every act that I caught. The festival was disrupted on 2 days by bad weather, or rather the threat of bad weather which mostly didn't materialize.
                      Highlights were Marty Stuart (predictably), Darrell Scott (with Reece Wynans), Adia Victoria, Oliver Wood Trio and Amythyst Kiah. I also really enjoyed the Tan & Sober Gentlemen who are a kind of "Irish" (not actually Irish) version of Debauche (though far more talented), very entertaining and completely over the top.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Canine Horror
                        How was Roots & Rhythm?
                        As usual, I enjoyed almost every act that I caught. The festival was disrupted on 2 days by bad weather, or rather the threat of bad weather which mostly didn't materialize.
                        Highlights were Marty Stuart (predictably), Darrell Scott (with Reece Wynans), Adia Victoria, Oliver Wood Trio and Amythyst Kiah. I also really enjoyed the Tan & Sober Gentlemen who are a kind of "Irish" (not actually Irish) version of Debauche (though far more talented), very entertaining and completely over the top.
                        We will agree with Canine about Darrell Scott being one of the highlights! Was not familiar with him, but loved him. Oliver Wood Trio was also very good. (Didnt see the rest of CH's list--too many choices at the festival!)

                        Our other favorite sets were Happy Landing (from Oxford Miss) , Florencia & the Feeling (Johnson City TN) , Laney Lou & the Birddogs (Montana) and, Handmade Moments. Handmade Moments are originally from Arkansas, but said they are currently based in New Orleans. Anyone familiar with them?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by The Krewe of Chew

                          We will agree with Canine about Darrell Scott being one of the highlights! Was not familiar with him, but loved him. Oliver Wood Trio was also very good. (Didnt see the rest of CH's list--too many choices at the festival!)

                          Our other favorite sets were Happy Landing (from Oxford Miss) , Florencia & the Feeling (Johnson City TN) , Laney Lou & the Birddogs (Montana) and, Handmade Moments. Handmade Moments are originally from Arkansas, but said they are currently based in New Orleans. Anyone familiar with them?
                          Handmade Moments are new to me, I will keep and Eye and Ear out for them over the next several weeks.

                          Comment


                          • Handmade Moments live by me. Heard them on Oz once, but mostly hear them walking by their apartment.

                            Comment


                            •  

                              Comment


                              • Interview with Darrell Scott and report on his Bristol performance: https://www.pastemagazine.com/music/...-hank-williams

                                We bought his Hank Williams CD, and it's excellent.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎