Official Grids Thread (2103)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Grids Thread (2103)

Please post all grid info in this thread.

2013 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Fest Grids
    Last edited by McGregor; 01-24-2013, 02:46 PM.

Not sure if Jimmy's music club has been added back to the grids, but it reopened last week. My understanding of Carrollton Station is that there is new ownership but that it will continue as a music venue.

There are two new clubs opening on Freret Street, but I don't have names yet. One of them is owned by Big Sam Williams' ex, the last owner of the Funky Butt.

There is also a new modern jazz club being built on Poydras Street at Rampart and it sounds like they will be trying to bring in "big name" musicians that rarely play in clubs in New Orleans. Should be interesting. I will post more details when I have them. Perhaps some other locals know more about all of this.

Comment

"Not sure if Jimmy's music club has been added back to the grids, but it reopened last week. My understanding of Carrollton Station is that there is new ownership but that it will continue as a music venue."

that is my understanding as well about Carrolton Station...new owners...but the name will remain the same....with an interest as a music venue at night...and i hope they get some great shows...

Comment

Carrollton station is too small to be anything other than a music venue or coffee shop

I read the new freret location would be Funky Butt Jazz Club, but also read they hoped to be open by NYE.
        Last edited by stlbarb; 01-08-2013, 05:37 PM. Reason: spellin cuonts

Comment

Eric Lindell - One Eyed Jacks 5/5 (as seen on pollstar)

Comment

Wow, this is tremendous idea. FOM a club gig can stay front of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by McGregor View Post
              May 4th (Sat)
              Mahalia Jackson Theater - Black Crowes
              Tix go onsale Fri morning if you have interest.

Comment

Tix go onsale Fri morning if you have interest.
                i was hoping this was going to be GA...but now i am not sure....

from ticketmaster...

US $49.50 - US $99.50
                US $49.50 Ticket + US $12.60 Fees =
                US $62.10
                Limited Availability at this Price for this Option No Tickets Currently Available at this Price for this Option – Try "Find Resale Tickets" Below
                US $99.50 Ticket + US $15.05 Fees =
                US $114.55

Comment

Originally posted by innertube View Post
                  do they have GA shows at Mahalia? I've only been two but neither were GA.

Comment

do they have GA shows at Mahalia? I've only been two but neither were GA.
                    Govt Mule and the WHB were both GA....only shows i have been to at Mahalia...and that was great because then we could all sit together no matter when we bought our tickets..???

Comment

Govt Mule and the WHB were both GA....only shows i have been to at Mahalia...and that was great because then we could all sit together no matter when we bought our tickets..???
                      You are right. I was at the Mule and remembered it being reserved but it was GA. Whoops. The ole fading memory!

Comment

from ticketmaster...

US $49.50 - US $99.50
                        US $49.50 Ticket + US $12.60 Fees =
                        US $62.10
                        Limited Availability at this Price for this Option No Tickets Currently Available at this Price for this Option – Try "Find Resale Tickets" Below
                        US $99.50 Ticket + US $15.05 Fees =
                        US $114.55
                        Wow. $99.50.
                        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

You are right. I was at the Mule and remembered it being reserved but it was GA. Whoops. The ole fading memory!
                          Galactic and the Funky Meters there in 2011 was also GA.

Comment

Dragonsmoke is $34, wow. Seems sort of steep.

but I wish I could make it!

http://boomboomtickets.com/evlist.php?page=2&pagemax=20

Comment

Boom Boom Room getting in on the great Jazz Fest price hike...

gotta love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X