Bike Rental Wanted w/ Toddler Seat for 1st Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Rental Wanted w/ Toddler Seat for 1st Weekend

We'd love to use bikes to get around the city, but rental co's don't have any bikes with toddler seats (for a two year old) available. Would love to rent someone's bike (men's or women's) for 3 days: 4/25 am - 4/27 pm. Thinking $100 would be fair, but price is negotiable depending on condition of bike. Prefer one with gears, shocks and a bike lock. We're responsible parents just looking for a way to get around and see the sights. Would it help if we told you our daughter's name is Nola? Thanks

Anyone recommendations for where to find a bike rental with a seat for a toddler?

Comment

Originally posted by nelsof View Post
      Anyone recommendations for where to find a bike rental with a seat for a toddler?
      I'm assuming there are no replies because no one has a suggestion. I have no clue once you get past the bike rental companies.

Comment

What about one of those burley or chariot carriages for kids that attach behind the bike? Not sure where you'd find those in NOLA, but they're way more common here than toddler seats.

Comment

Our bike rental guys are great. BikeNOLA on Decatur near Fr market. I don't know if they have kid seats or not, never seen one.

I will say that if you are in over the fest weekends and have not already reserved your bikes you probably aren't renting one. If you are looking for days between you may have better luck.

Comment

I have no idea how hard it is to install a toddler seat, but have you considered either bringing your own or buying one (at a bike shop, or at Walmart) and then attaching it to a regular rental bike?
            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
              I have no idea how hard it is to install a toddler seat, but have you considered either bringing your own or buying one (at a bike shop, or at Walmart) and then attaching it to a regular rental bike?
              This one from iBert is very easy to install and I recommend it very highly. I do not like the rear child seats because you can't see the child. I used this for our youngest, and we used it until she reached the absolute top of the weight and height limits because she loved it so much.

The looks you get from people when they see you coming are worth the experience alone.

Comment

Working...
              X