Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrible news... leftover Salmon lighting designer killed in NOLA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible news... leftover Salmon lighting designer killed in NOLA...

The Times-Picayune is reporting that Leftover Salmon’s lighting designer, Joseph “Joe” Cahill, was fatally shot by a homeowner after barging into the man’s house in New Orleans on Sunday. According to the article, two New Orleans police officers found Cahill acting irate on Laharpe Street, close to the New Orleans Fair Grounds (where Jazz Fest takes place). Cahill then allegedly pushed one of the officers and took off down the street. The cops lost sight of him before hearing a gunshot on North Broad Street, where a homeowner then told the police he had shot a man who forced his way into his home and started fighting with those inside. Cahill later passed away at the hospital.

Before his death, Cahill was touring with Leftover Salmon as the band’s lighting designer. The group wrapped up their tour with a Jazz Fest late night show at the Howlin’ Wolf in New Orleans on Saturday night, but Cahill stayed in the city. The band has not released a statement about the incident at this time. As of now, no charges have been filed against the homeowner who shot Cahill.

READ MORE: http://www.jambands.com/news/2013/05...n-new-orleans/

Cab driver told me about this the other day. Seems the fella was acting like a lunatic, but he surely didn't deserve to die. Stupid guns.

Comment

Wow, what a weird story....

Comment

Def weird. Dooo0od was family to a lot of bands. not saying anything but we have a shoot first mentality today that is the overwhelming option now. of course Joe should never have been in that position and the guy had a right to defend himself, but still, you gotta wonder... Was it alcohol? That would be my guess. I might think it was bad acid but the bunch that was around that led to MANY episodes like this one,(including the one I had five years ago) is all gone according to my research (Which is extensive, due the fact that I flipped out on almost nothing).

it is weird how people live normal lives, come to NOLA, and end up dead. like the Aussie that died last year in the river. Keep a handle on everything, go to new Orleans and go crazy and KABOOM, you do stupid shit and end up dead. Not sure if that the best thing or the worst thing about the city though. seems like we all gotta walk the plank, some fall and some don't.

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
          Def weird. Dooo0od was family to a lot of bands. not saying anything but we have a shoot first mentality today that is the overwhelming option now. of course Joe should never have been in that position and the guy had a right to defend himself, but still, you gotta wonder... Was it alcohol? That would be my guess. I might think it was bad acid but the bunch that was around that led to MANY episodes like this one,(including the one I had five years ago) is all gone according to my research (Which is extensive, due the fact that I flipped out on almost nothing).

it is weird how people live normal lives, come to NOLA, and end up dead. like the Aussie that died last year in the river. Keep a handle on everything, go to new Orleans and go crazy and KABOOM, you do stupid shit and end up dead. Not sure if that the best thing or the worst thing about the city though. seems like we all gotta walk the plank, some fall and some don't.
          I dunno, people do, and die from, stupid shit everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy Winette View Post
            I dunno, people do, and die from, stupid shit everywhere.
            my obituary. "He died doing some stupid shit"........ instead of "valiant fight against whateverinthehellitwas" I been there. been there in NOLA too.

Comment

Working...
            X