Some TH love and possibly help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some TH love and possibly help?

My Mom went back to the hospital today. this time in an ambulance. This will be the third ICU trip since April 1 and follows a long stay back in january where she was in ICU for 35 days, then in a rehab hospital for another 6 weeks or so. I am taking steps to get her into a convo home if/when she gets out again.

I have been her full time caregiver for about five years, but only getting paid for almost none of that time. ("Programs like this are what's wrong with the country" she would say.)

And now that she is out of my care again, I will stop getting paid. Again.

Once she is situated in the home, I will need a job. (Which as a late fifties construction worker with a laundry list of maladies is not gonna happen) or restart what i was doing before all of this (ten years of parental care) and I would like your help.

Until 2007 I ran a non profit called THE MAKE A FISH FOUNDATION. we went to music festivals, family events, art walks and festivasl, and gave people a chance to be creative. we put out the paints and put the paintbrush in people's hands, so to speak. We painted on cars, buses, market umbrellas etc.

(and yes there is a plan for jazzfest as well and are thinking five years down the road)

It was a lot of fun but I got to a point where I had to stop doing it because I could not say I was going to be somewhere at a certain time.

One of the things that didn't work was the vehicle. It was too hard to use my personal vehicle, loading and unloading and having to leave stuff behind cuz it wouldn't fit. (the art itself didn't work either but I have that figured out now).

So I found the perfect vehicle of the foundation (which IS NOT A 501c at the moment but will be again in 2014) and started a go fund me campaign to raise the money to purchase the vehicle. http://www.gofundme.com/makeafishfoundation It is not possible for me to buy outright, I have been decimated by the turn of events financially.

So here's the campaign http://www.gofundme.com/makeafishfoundation And i am hoping you all can donate and see that the rest of my life gets off to a good start and then I can start to live my dream.

thanks a lot a lot.

Bennyboy.

http://www.gofundme.com/makeafishfoundation

good luck Benny. What happens to the money if you don't reach your desired goal?

Comment

Best of luck, Benny, both on your venture & for your mom!

Comment

Originally posted by McGregor View Post
        good luck Benny. What happens to the money if you don't reach your desired goal?
        I will have everyone take it back....

Comment

Sounds like a fun project! Wishing you success. Best wishes to your mom. It is somewhat challenging when there is such a role-reversal as our parents age. Good to see you are looking toward the future.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticated sissy View Post
            Sounds like a fun project! Wishing you success. Best wishes to your mom. It is somewhat challenging when there is such a role-reversal as our parents age. Good to see you are looking toward the future.
            If you don't toward the future then it is unlikely that you will have one.

Comment

Working...
            X