Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reaching out to all you COOKS for suggestions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We always got the love for yall, baby.

I'm pretty much a slacker when it comes to food - I mean, I love good food, but I'm far from being called a foodie.

All that said: A cast iron skillet is like a family heirloom. Seriously. Just so many things you can do with it, it's incredibly versatile - and valuable. Because they last a lifetime (or longer), they CAN be passed from generation to generation... and should that happen, you know there'll be some love and hopefully loving memories to go along with the cookware.

Agree that Lodge is the ruler for cast iron items. Around here I love to go to an outdoors shop, like Bill Jackson's or Bass Pro Shop to look at what they have - plus you can get a feel for the weight of the item by hefting it around... If you don't have that as an option, then get thee online to http://www.lodgemfg.com/ Oh, my. So much goodness there...

Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by freebo View Post

I'm pretty much a slacker when it comes to food - I mean, I love good food, but I'm far from being called a foodie.

All that said: A cast iron skillet is like a family heirloom. Seriously. Just so many things you can do with it, it's incredibly versatile - and valuable. Because they last a lifetime (or longer), they CAN be passed from generation to generation... and should that happen, you know there'll be some love and hopefully loving memories to go along with the cookware.

Agree that Lodge is the ruler for cast iron items. Around here I love to go to an outdoors shop, like Bill Jackson's or Bass Pro Shop to look at what they have - plus you can get a feel for the weight of the item by hefting it around... If you don't have that as an option, then get thee online to http://www.lodgemfg.com/ Oh, my. So much goodness there...

Have fun!
      I did NOT need to see that website . Favorite item: http://www.lodgemfg.com/seasoned-cas...-skillet-LGSK3

Comment

Have fun!
        Even worse - they usually have a great selection of Lodge cast iron and enamel coated at the kitchen stores in most outlet centers. Steve and I have to avoid the place ....... although, our new kitchen is much bigger than the last. Hmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by festbabe View Post
          I did NOT need to see that website . Favorite item: http://www.lodgemfg.com/seasoned-cas...-skillet-LGSK3
          great Raffle item...!

Comment

....and the best buys on Lodge around here are frequently at the Ace hardware stores.

Comment

This little guy is the best for toasting pine nuts

Comment

I use Cast Iron (3 frying pans and 1 dutch oven); large caphlon and a large faberware with glass lid. I prefer my pots and pans to be able to go from stovetop into the oven. Makes my life a lot easier.

Comment

Have fun!
                  Thanks honey and back at ya! Love the website - a new place to shop...now what size skillet?... mmmmm..

Comment

Originally posted by festbabe View Post
                    well it doesn't look like it will take up much space!

Comment

Originally posted by festivalgirl View Post
                      This one seems a little violent to me.

and btw, this is pretty scary! but interesting....

Comment

Originally posted by festivalgirl View Post
                        This little guy is the best for toasting pine nuts

cute- how big?

Comment

Originally posted by linza22 View Post
                          I use Cast Iron (3 frying pans and 1 dutch oven); large caphlon and a large faberware with glass lid. I prefer my pots and pans to be able to go from stovetop into the oven. Makes my life a lot easier.
                          yeah, I think I finally get it that I don't need a set... don't use so many of the pans- just have to figure out what I cook so we buy the right sizes....

Comment

57 posts and no mention of a brownie pan.

It's official: The board is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post
                              57 posts and no mention of a brownie pan.

It's official: The board is dead.
                              Yeah, but the brownie pan is a given

Comment

I can't remember the brand of the set I have but the ones I use the most are a med large pot with the stainless steel bowl that makes it a dbl boiler, a med skillet, a large skillet with straight high sides and a lid and all have heavy bottoms and clean up really well. none are nonstick. also 12" and 6 " iron skillets. And a large soup pot.

Comment

Working...
                                X