ALL THINGS NRBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Not that I wouldn't want to see them open for her (as she'll probably play The Saenger) but I'd really rather see them at Tip's, that new Toulouse Theatre or even better The Maple Leaf. Yeah I'm dreamin' too.
    A more intimate venue is always best for a Q show, but take them any way you can get them!

Comment

• Just bumping this thread to note it has 632 posts. The Bruce Springsteen thread has 42. That's what I like about this bored!

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post
        Just bumping this thread to note it has 632 posts. The Bruce Springsteen thread has 42. That's what I like about this bored!
        Good point. And we also have the correlation with NRBQ, PHYSCO ACTIVE DRUGS and Danny Noonans ex Wife.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post
          Just bumping this thread to note it has 632 posts. The Bruce Springsteen thread has 42. That's what I like about this bored!
          Well....that's why we do it. Merry Christmas to all!

Comment

• Hey Kemp , the Q is playing their annual post-Christmas show at The Kate theater in Old Saybrook, CT next Tuesday. I've been to this show a couple times over the past few years, usually picking up a nice single seat a day or less in advance. I am hoping to catch it again this year and see that they currently only have three single seats left and they are not great seats (although the place is tiny).

In any event, I suspect that the recent Omicron surge may thwart some people's plans, and that they may post on that fan website you're on looking to sell a seat or two. Let me know if you see anything because I may be interested. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post
              Hey Kemp , the Q is playing their annual post-Christmas show at The Kate theater in Old Saybrook, CT next Tuesday. I've been to this show a couple times over the past few years, usually picking up a nice single seat a day or less in advance. I am hoping to catch it again this year and see that they currently only have three single seats left and they are not great seats (although the place is tiny).

In any event, I suspect that the recent Omicron surge may thwart some people's plans, and that they may post on that fan website you're on looking to sell a seat or two. Let me know if you see anything because I may be interested. Thanks.
              I'll see what I can do. Hope you get to see the boys. Their Christmas time shows are always a blast, and their new disc Dragnet is a killer. Happy Holidays!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kemp View Post

I'll see what I can do. Hope you get to see the boys. Their Christmas time shows are always a blast, and their new disc Dragnet is a killer. Happy Holidays!
                Thanks. I have the new album and agree; and I always love seeing them, but really enjoy the Christmastime show, even if I don't love the venue.

At this point I figure it's equally likely that the show will be postponed, or that I will change my mind in the meantime. I just heard that Phish is postponing their New Years shows at MSG until April because of the recent surge. I guess I just need to take it day by day.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your better half.

Comment

• My local newspaper has a celebrity birthday listing and I couldn’t believe Johnny Spampanato was on the list today.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
                    My local newspaper has a celebrity birthday listing and I couldn’t believe Johnny Spampanato was on the list today.
                    As Terry Adams has said more than once, "We're world famous, but a lot of people don't know it yet."

Comment

• Not Fest related, but there are many NRBQ fans among us so here is a look at a very active tour schedule that has already kicked off up north. Wish I could make one of those shows with Bonnie Raitt, but I'll see them twice in June. Catch them while you can.

http://nrbq.com/news/live.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Kemp View Post
                        Not Fest related, but there are many NRBQ fans among us so here is a look at a very active tour schedule that has already kicked off up north. Wish I could make one of those shows with Bonnie Raitt, but I'll see them twice in June. Catch them while you can.

http://nrbq.com/news/live.html
                        Kentucky is as close as they get to down here. Too bad they are not playing with Bonnie when she plays here. Instead we get Marc Cohn?

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Kentucky is as close as they get to down here. Too bad they are not playing with Bonnie when she plays here. Instead we get Marc Cohn?
                          Yeah. When I heard they were doing an April tour with Bonnie, I got my Fest hopes up. Oh, well.

Comment

• Do they have a new booking agent or something? For ever they have been playing Fitzgerald’s in Chicagoland and Shank Hall In Milwaukee but now they’re playing other venues

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
                              Do they have a new booking agent or something? For ever they have been playing Fitzgerald’s in Chicagoland and Shank Hall In Milwaukee but now they’re playing other venues
                              I don't know, but in the fifty plus years I've been following them they have played in various venues in the same cities.

Comment

• They’re playing Sacramento again, albeit at a nightclub music venue vs the high-end theater they were at last time. My bandmate got to see the last show on the band’s list because their then-new drummer had forgotten his mallets and someone knew that our guy plays Marimba.

Comment

Working...
                                X