Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BEER! BEER! BEER! BEER! BEER! BEER! BEER! BEER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else tried Abita Strawgator yet? Ridiculously drinkable--dangerously so, given the alcohol content. Great stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post
      Anyone else tried Abita Strawgator yet? Ridiculously drinkable--dangerously so, given the alcohol content. Great stuff.

Is this new? I'm already enamored with their strawberry lager and believe me, I'm not normally a fruit flavored beer guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kemp View Post
        Is this new? I'm already enamored with their strawberry lager and believe me, I'm not normally a fruit flavored beer guy.
        I don't know how long it's been out, but it was new to me when Cousin Lit brought some to share during our vacation last week. It's a blend of the Strawberry Lager--which I also love, despite not normally being a fruit-flavored beer guy--and the Andygator, which I normally do not like much because it is too sweet, malty and boozy for my tastes. But somehow this works for me. The strawberry makes it refreshing and masks the booze.

Comment

• Stopped by the Abita Brewpub up on the Northshore this weekend. The Seersucker Summer Pils was pretty good, but the real winner was the Bourbon Street Baltic Porter.
          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Bourbon Street Baltic Porter.

I like the name so will have to give it a try in October, or late September for that matter.

Comment

• So of course Munich's world-famous Oktoberfest is cancelled, but around here the traditional 6 Munchen brewers whose special Fest biers are actually sold at the Wiesen (fairgrounds) are just starting to pop up for sale in Krakow's supermarkets (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Hofbrau, Spaten, Paulaner, Lowenbrau, with the "Baby of the bunch" being Paulaner, which has only been around since 1634) so I thought I would see if any of your favorite local brewers are coming out with any special brews to help drown those mean ol' Lockdown Blues.

Prost!

Comment

• Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
                So of course Munich's world-famous Oktoberfest is cancelled, but around here the traditional 6 Munchen brewers whose special Fest biers are actually sold at the Wiesen (fairgrounds) are just starting to pop up for sale in Krakow's supermarkets (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Hofbrau, Spaten, Paulaner, Lowenbrau, with the "Baby of the bunch" being Paulaner, which has only been around since 1634) so I thought I would see if any of your favorite local brewers are coming out with any special brews to help drown those mean ol' Lockdown Blues.

Prost!
                Thankfully, most local breweries are still in operation with take out sales, outdoor seating and limited capacity inside sales. I don't usually go for brews where the brewers seem to be trying too hard to produce something just to be unique and that includes most "fruit beers". I am, however, in love with Birdsong Jalapeņo Ale from Charlotte, NC. (the taste of the pepper without the burn). Brass Cannon in Williamsburg, VA, has a great seasonal called Maui Hot with mangos and jalapeņos (this one has the taste and the burn). Dirtbag Brewery outside of Fayetteville in Hope Mills, NC, also has a good pepper beer whose name escapes me. Music and craft beer are getting me through this madness, so far.
                Last edited by Kemp; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Thankfully, most local breweries are still in operation with take out sales, outdoor seating and limited capacity inside sales. I don't usually go for brews where the brewers seem to be trying too hard to produce something just to be unique and that includes most "fruit beers". I am, however, in love with Birdsong Jalapeņo Ale from Charlotte, NC. (the taste of the pepper without the burn). Brass Cannon in Williamsburg, VA, has a great seasonal called Maui Hot with mangos and jalapeņos (this one has the taste and the burn). Dirtbag Brewery outside of Fayetteville in Hope Mills, NC, also has a good pepper beer whose name escapes me. Music and craft beer are getting me through this madness, so far.
                  Sounds like you'd like my favorite cider from my favorite local cider guy:

Tepache Mode - Semi-Sweet Pineapple Spiced Cider. Local apples fresh pressed and fermented with a unique combination of fresh cut pineapple and mexican aguas frescas spices including chilis d'arbol and habanero (a little bit of heat!) (5.4% ABV)

Comment

• "Fermentation =Civilization" Todd Snider's "Beer Run" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxGb...K5YYFI&index=2
                    Last edited by stooped; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post

Sounds like you'd like my favorite cider from my favorite local cider guy:

Haven't been able to get into ciders, Lit. I'll try again, some day.

Comment

Haven't been able to get into ciders, Lit. I'll try again, some day.
                        They've come a long way. As diverse flavor profiles as beers now. I've made many converts; it just takes the right cider, and this guy is one of the best cider makers in the country. He is a chemist so he understands it on a whole 'nother level.

Comment

• It’s hard to find Old Style around here,but I have rediscovered Stroh’s

Comment

• Always a surprise to see one of Ben's posts pop up. Anyhoo....

We tried a couple of these on the beach at Lake Tahoe last week and it was delicious. Tasted more like a cider than a beer. Now I'm on the hunt for it wherever I can find it...so juicy and refreshing.

Comment

• My wife was a fan of Epidemic Ales in Concord before the quarantine era, their Zombrew is good - the Lager At Worlds End may be on point from a societal AND drinking view.

Haven't had it, but Boomtown Brewing has a West Coast IPA called Stir Crazy.

Outbreak Brewing doesn't have any clever pandemic brew names, but their company name is 'nuff said.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
                                It’s hard to find Old Style around here,but I have rediscovered Stroh’s
                                Rade brought a 6 pack of Hamm's to practice last week. Tasted better than I remember. I've also been drinking more PBR than Icehouse lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X