This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome JP (and others as well)!

I too followed this site for a few years and finally decided to join the party. Lots of great info and conversations along with some additional banter, all good in my book.

Comment

• Hi y'all. I did my first and only JF back in 2006 with a passle of friends and have only done the Daze Between a few times since more recently. I'm a huge LA music fan, been seeing Tab, Marcia, Sonny, Anders, HISB, NOLA Suspects, Bonerama (too many more old and new to continue) every chance I get at home and traveling. I'm from Charm City and often travel solo so I'm really interested in connecting with any of you who will put up with a Fest newbie I'm currently planning to arrive late Wed night first weekend and hit the fairgrounds on Fri for the great lineup and all the wonderful food all in one place instead of running around town over several days trying to eat as well. Strategically I'd like to hook up with a few or more of you going the 26th and to put my little travel chair with yours in order to have a spot I can find amid the throngs when things are in full swing. Even with the benefit of 17 (?) year Fest vets from Texas with a wonderful telescoping pole and flag my first time, I did find myself with food in one hand and beverage in another at one point and miles of humanity between me and my chair.

OK, back to reading posts here between 2006, wow, and now - to prep. I am so glad I found this forum, kudos to those of you from the beginning who've stayed on this long and continued this fine tradition still today.

I hope to meet a good bunch of you who are local and/or will be around first weekend. I've not seen posts nor looked at late night grids yet.

Laissez les bons temps rouler,
      Cherri from Baltimore
      aka 2R
      ​​​​​​

Comment

• Welcome everyone.

You will find a diverse and mainly friendly krewe here, who will enjoy assisting you in whatever way they can, and we enjoy meeting new people.

A lot of us meet in the morning Pre Fest at Liuzas for a Bloody Mary to start the day at about 11 or so, and later behind Miss Lenas beer tent, the location of which others will describe better than I, as it is getting late down here

Comment

• Hello board. I'm Adam in Denver. It's good to see so many jazzfest junkies out and about. I didn't discover this musical miracle until 2017 but it has very quickly become my favorite time of year.

Last year I came out for 13 days and swore not to do that to my 44 year old body again. I was going to pick a weekend this year and slim the excursion down to a more manageable portion.

But then the jazzfest gods put Lonnie Smith on the 25th at Snug and Herbie Hancock closing the jazz tent on May 5. What choice did I have but to extend the trip and run the marathon once more?

This time I'm bringing extra indica for the 'ole back!

It's good to be alive!
          Adam in Denver

Viva Montaigne!
          Last edited by Montaigne Lover; 03-31-2019, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Montaigne Lover View Post
            Hello board. I'm Adam in Denver. It's good to see so many jazzfest junkies out and about. I didn't discover this musical miracle until 2017 but it has very quickly become my favorite time of year.

Last year I came out for 13 days and swore not to do that to my 44 year old body again. I was going to pick a weekend this year and slim the excursion down to a more manageable portion.

But then the jazzfest gods put Lonnie Smith on the 25th at Snug and Herbie Hancock closing the jazz tent on May 5. What choice did I have but to extend the trip and run the marathon once more?

This time I'm bringing extra indica for the 'ole back!

It's good to be alive!
            Adam in Denver

Viva Montaigne!
            Thanks for checking in! Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ducgrrl View Post
              Hi y'all. I did my first and only JF back in 2006 with a passle of friends and have only done the Daze Between a few times since more recently. I'm a huge LA music fan, been seeing Tab, Marcia, Sonny, Anders, HISB, NOLA Suspects, Bonerama (too many more old and new to continue) every chance I get at home and traveling. I'm from Charm City and often travel solo so I'm really interested in connecting with any of you who will put up with a Fest newbie I'm currently planning to arrive late Wed night first weekend and hit the fairgrounds on Fri for the great lineup and all the wonderful food all in one place instead of running around town over several days trying to eat as well. Strategically I'd like to hook up with a few or more of you going the 26th and to put my little travel chair with yours in order to have a spot I can find amid the throngs when things are in full swing. Even with the benefit of 17 (?) year Fest vets from Texas with a wonderful telescoping pole and flag my first time, I did find myself with food in one hand and beverage in another at one point and miles of humanity between me and my chair.

OK, back to reading posts here between 2006, wow, and now - to prep. I am so glad I found this forum, kudos to those of you from the beginning who've stayed on this long and continued this fine tradition still today.

I hope to meet a good bunch of you who are local and/or will be around first weekend. I've not seen posts nor looked at late night grids yet.

Laissez les bons temps rouler,
              Cherri from Baltimore
              aka 2R
              ​​​​​​
              Cherri, Welcome! -- Larry Balmur on the forum is also from fair Baltimore, so you may want to message him on this Bored. There are the meet ups by Miss Lena's beer tent at 1 pm (?) each day, so that is a good way to connect with folks -- that beer tent is the one right across the path near the back of the Jazz & Heritage stage. I never bring a chair (I use the tents or bleachers for standing breaks), but I know lots do and I'm sure you will be able to share a home base with folks.

Comment

• Hey again, threadhead monkeys. 30 & ohh here. This will be my 30th year of Jazzfest and I am stoked as if it were the first time. I think the last time I was here my name might have been 16 & ohhh or 18 & ohhhh. In any case, I am undefeated. I paid for the Stones tickets but every day is lagniappe for me so it will be all be fine in the end. LLBTR TH Monkeys!

Comment

• Hi everybody, I have been a follower of this forum for a few years and was at my first JazzFest in 2014. I fell in love with the whole feeling and vibe of Jazz Fest and New Orleans. Came back to JF in 2015 and 2016 and now back again for the 50th. There is nothing like it. Very much looking forward to the 50th anniversary this year. Great lineup and always tough choices to make - but there is never a wrong choice. So I am from Vancouver, Canada and will be travelling to JF this year with my partner Thelma. She has never been to New Orleans. She is excited about joining me on this trip. We are doing both weekends this year and will be staying in the Marigny area. Will keep reading the forum to continue the build up. I know what some of you mean when you say it is like the days before Xmas when we were kids (or even now for many). I hope everyone enjoys both day and nights in NOLA. There will be 2 Canadians from the beautiful city of Vancouver joining in with you all. Harry.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanuckinNOLA View Post
                    Hi everybody, I have been a follower of this forum for a few years and was at my first JazzFest in 2014. I fell in love with the whole feeling and vibe of Jazz Fest and New Orleans. Came back to JF in 2015 and 2016 and now back again for the 50th. There is nothing like it. Very much looking forward to the 50th anniversary this year. Great lineup and always tough choices to make - but there is never a wrong choice. So I am from Vancouver, Canada and will be travelling to JF this year with my partner Thelma. She has never been to New Orleans. She is excited about joining me on this trip. We are doing both weekends this year and will be staying in the Marigny area. Will keep reading the forum to continue the build up. I know what some of you mean when you say it is like the days before Xmas when we were kids (or even now for many). I hope everyone enjoys both day and nights in NOLA. There will be 2 Canadians from the beautiful city of Vancouver joining in with you all. Harry.
                    Great to have you chip in! Hope to see you there!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanuckinNOLA View Post
                      Hi everybody, I have been a follower of this forum for a few years and was at my first JazzFest in 2014. I fell in love with the whole feeling and vibe of Jazz Fest and New Orleans. Came back to JF in 2015 and 2016 and now back again for the 50th. There is nothing like it. Very much looking forward to the 50th anniversary this year. Great lineup and always tough choices to make - but there is never a wrong choice. So I am from Vancouver, Canada and will be travelling to JF this year with my partner Thelma. She has never been to New Orleans. She is excited about joining me on this trip. We are doing both weekends this year and will be staying in the Marigny area. Will keep reading the forum to continue the build up. I know what some of you mean when you say it is like the days before Xmas when we were kids (or even now for many). I hope everyone enjoys both day and nights in NOLA. There will be 2 Canadians from the beautiful city of Vancouver joining in with you all. Harry.
                      Welcome! Started doing both weekends a few years back. I've learned that pacing myself is key to enjoyment. During Fest days, a few more interviews, Lagniappe Stage, and strolling through the crafts. Nights -- a couple more quiet dinner evenings so I can wake up and stroll Audubon Park. The joy of both weekends is knowing you will see tons of great music, can never see it all (unless you are Jordan), so can feel satisfied and never rushed. Enjoy!

Comment

• Hey everyone,

I'm Darrell from Mississippi. This will be my 3rd fest, all in a row. I'll be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the last weekend. This year, for the first time, I'll be traveling solo. Really looking forward to the food and great music-though I'm not real hyped about eating alone! Went to Drago's last year and I plan to have more of those delicious grilled oysters again this year.

Musically, I'm looking forward to Chris Stapleton, Gary Clark JR (though he and Stapleton are on at the same time), Sonny Landreth, Little Feat and a few more. Hopefully, I will be able to meet and party with a few of the members on here. Peace.

Darrell

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDudeAbidesinMS View Post
                          Hey everyone,

I'm Darrell from Mississippi. This will be my 3rd fest, all in a row. I'll be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the last weekend. This year, for the first time, I'll be traveling solo. Really looking forward to the food and great music-though I'm not real hyped about eating alone! Went to Drago's last year and I plan to have more of those delicious grilled oysters again this year.

Musically, I'm looking forward to Chris Stapleton, Gary Clark JR (though he and Stapleton are on at the same time), Sonny Landreth, Little Feat and a few more. Hopefully, I will be able to meet and party with a few of the members on here. Peace.

Darrell
                          Welcome, Darrell!

Comment

• I'm Mordechai -- 33 year old ex-Texan, currently living in Boston. Also spent 7 years in Madison, Wisconsin -- the glory years. Yeah ...
                            Will be coming down for the second weekend to meet my friend Clay from Austin. Will be my first Jazzfest. We're both big music fans. I see there's a lot of friendliness and helpfulness on these forums -- much appreciated, all.
                            For the longest time, I thought Jazzfest was actually a strictly jazz festival.

If you're a couple of 20-30 something women, and one of you lives in the Northeast, and you're going to Jazzfest and interested in meeting a couple of good guys, then definitely, send a message.

Comment

Working...
                            X