Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey JF Forum! Stumbled upon your board last year before my 3rd JazzFest, and decided to toss my hat in the ring and join the convo this year!

I'm in my mid-30s and am based in San Francisco. I work in music tech in the Bay Area, and my life basically revolves around tunes that make the hairs on my arm stand up.

Comment

• Hey Fee, welcome and thanks for joining in !!

Comment

• Originally posted by FeeArthur View Post
        Hey JF Forum! Stumbled upon your board last year before my 3rd JazzFest, and decided to toss my hat in the ring and join the convo this year!

I'm in my mid-30s and am based in San Francisco. I work in music tech in the Bay Area, and my life basically revolves around tunes that make the hairs on my arm stand up.
        Nice! And welcome! So which tunes are those? Curious.

Comment

• Hello, I'm Poppy from Wyoming. I've been a fan of jazz since it has elements that are bases for metal music. I play guitar for a metal band for almost a decade now. It was my first time when I went to the JF this April and I think I'll be coming back for more.

Comment

• Hi Poppy, welcome!
            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by PoppyAOK View Post
              Hello, I'm Poppy from Wyoming. I've been a fan of jazz since it has elements that are bases for metal music. I play guitar for a metal band for almost a decade now. It was my first time when I went to the JF this April and I think I'll be coming back for more.
              Welcome Poppy. There is a Metal Thread under 'General Music Discussion'.

Comment

• Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post

Nice! And welcome! So which tunes are those? Curious.
                Psych rock, funk, fusion, downtempo, rock, house, jazz, grime, world, afrobeat, etc

Some fave artists: Radiohead, The Who, Oh Sees, Khraungbin, Tame Impala, Garaj Mahal, Dr Lonnie Smith, Boards of Canada, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Skepta, Joy Division, Phish, Pavement, RATM, Papa Grows Funk, Soulive, Wand, Deerhunter, Mahavishnu Orch, Mdou Moctar, Antibalas, and so on and so on.

Comment

• Ah-h thats better

Comment

• Hi longtime lurker, 1st time poster...been coming to Fest since 2005...all the way from Long Island, NY

Comment

• Originally posted by ronberk73 View Post
                      Hi longtime lurker, 1st time poster...been coming to Fest since 2005...all the way from Long Island, NY
                      Welcome !! Thanks for coming out of lurkdom.

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by FeeArthur View Post

Psych rock, funk, fusion, downtempo, rock, house, jazz, grime, world, afrobeat, etc

Some fave artists: Radiohead, The Who, Oh Sees, Khraungbin, Tame Impala, Garaj Mahal, Dr Lonnie Smith, Boards of Canada, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Skepta, Joy Division, Phish, Pavement, RATM, Papa Grows Funk, Soulive, Wand, Deerhunter, Mahavishnu Orch, Mdou Moctar, Antibalas, and so on and so on.
                          Nice. Diversity is a good thing.

Comment

• Looking forward to jazzfest 2020. My last jazzfest was 1998 and it’s been too long. My wife and I got married in NOLA in 2000 and this will be our first time back. We’ve got a vrbo nearby and will be there for the whole fest. Can’t wait to see and hear who’s lined up. This forum has been an incredible resource as we plan, and I thank you all.
                            Last edited by SneakyPete; 1 week ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by SneakyPete View Post
                              Looking forward to jazzfest 2020. My last jazzfest was 1998 and it’s been too long. My wife and I got married in NOLA in 2000 and this will be our first time back. We’ve got a vrbo nearby and will be there for the whole fest. Can’t wait to see and here who’s lined up. This forum has been an incredible resource as we plan, and I thank you all.
                              Great to see you here and even better that you'll be back at Fest!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X