This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
    Welcome fesstgeek..... You forgot to tell the good people you live in the land of real pizza and the Home of the Blues !!
    YYR, not to mention an up and coming young Major League baseball team and another full of underachieving veterans, and alleged major basketball, soccer, and hockey teams. And football?*sigh* we'll see, may have a future star QB now..... Someday we will again have an amazing array of outdoor summertime music festivals and events, as well as a Mardi Gras bash put on by the Mystick Krewe of LAFF, of which we are founding members. Oh yeah, and endless great food!

Comment

• Haven't been on the "bored," as we once called it, in a long while, but my old screen name and password worked!
      So I thought I'd reintroduce myself.
      I'm Philip, in Tampa, have attended Fest umpteen times with my wife or a friend, usually covering the fest for one of many different publications (Billboard, Variety, the Tampa Tribune, or one of the jazz mags) but haven't been since 2010 (five consecutive years THAT stretch). Just booked our flight for first weekend this fall, and VERY excited to be getting back to New Orleans -- haven't been to the city since attending French Quarter Fest in 2013, and covering that for DownBeat mag.
      I play bass guitar and upright bass in several bands, including the long-running Acme Jazz Garage -- Sharkskin, our second CD/download releases Aug. 27.
      First attended Fest in my early '20s, and that was SOME time ago.
      Last edited by jazzjones; 06-22-2021, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzjones View Post
        Haven't been on the "bored," as we once called it, in a long while, but my old screen name and password worked!
        I'm Philip, in Tampa, have attended Fest umpteen times with my wife or a friend, usually covering the fest for one of many different magazines (Billboard, Variety, the Tampa Tribune, or one of the jazz mags) but haven't been since 2010 (five consecutive years THAT stretch). Just booked our flight for first weekend this fall, and VERY excited to be getting back to New Orleans -- haven't been to the city since attending French Quarter Fest in 2013, and covering that for DownBeat mag.
        I play bass guitar and upright bass in several bands, including the long-running Acme Jazz Garage -- Sharkskin, our second CD/download releases Aug. 27.
        Glad to have you back, Philip!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Staxsun View Post

Glad to have you back, Philip!!!
          Thanks! Was glad to see that you and several other familiar names are still in the mix.
          Lots of folks in the, uh, older-and-better club!

Comment

Thanks! Was glad to see that you and several other familiar names are still in the mix.
            Lots of folks in the, uh, older-and-better club!
            Always great to have the 'Alum' back !! Thanks for checking in.

Comment

Haven't been on the "bored," as we once called it, in a long while, but my old screen name and password worked!
              I'm Philip, in Tampa, have attended Fest umpteen times with my wife or a friend, usually covering the fest for one of many different publications (Billboard, Variety, the Tampa Tribune, or one of the jazz mags) but haven't been since 2010 (five consecutive years THAT stretch). Just booked our flight for first weekend this fall, and VERY excited to be getting back to New Orleans -- haven't been to the city since attending French Quarter Fest in 2013, and covering that for DownBeat mag.
              Welcome back.

Comment

• Teetertotter loves checking out this forum. It gives tremendous insight into what Jazzfest fans are thinking and doing. I have no agenda other than self amusement. Don't take anything I say too seriously. Life is short. Party on Patry People!

Comment

Working...
                X