Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi y'all! First time fester here, and while I've been soaking up all the info I can over the past few weeks, I've just discovered this forum and I am stoked.
    My boyfriend and I will be attending the second weekend to celebrate my birthday. We can't wait to see all y'all there.
    My screen name is pretty basic, I go by Bunnie and am currently in Alabama, although I've been all over the southeast at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by BunnieInBama View Post
      Hi y'all! First time fester here, and while I've been soaking up all the info I can over the past few weeks, I've just discovered this forum and I am stoked.
      My boyfriend and I will be attending the second weekend to celebrate my birthday. We can't wait to see all y'all there.
      My screen name is pretty basic, I go by Bunnie and am currently in Alabama, although I've been all over the southeast at this point.
      welcome! Enjoy your first Fest. Second weekend has an abundance of riches. Soak it all in and don’t get rushed. Spend some time at the smaller stages. There is much joy to be found everywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by BunnieInBama View Post
        Hi y'all! First time fester here, and while I've been soaking up all the info I can over the past few weeks, I've just discovered this forum and I am stoked.
        Enjoy yourselves

Comment

• Hey y'all! I've posted on a few other threads, but forgot I never formally introduced myself here. This will be my 9th consecutive JazzFest. I started out as an undergrad at Tulane, and fell in love with the festival, often skipping out on studying for finals for crawfish monica and wandering amongst the wide variety of music! My second year my parents joined me; we ran into one of my dad's old college roommates, and he said he'd been coming to the Fest every year for 30 years. I immediately set that as a new life goal for myself. I've still got a ways to go, but I'm enjoying the ride!

I'm super excited this year in particular, as my girlfriend is joining me! It will be her first time ever in NOLA, and I'm really excited to show her the greatest city in the world!

Also, for those curious about my username: yes, I am a member of the Tribe. I sold some custom-made Jewlane shirts my freshman year, but kept one for myself. Now that I live in Wisconsin, it stays in the closet most of the year. But I break it out every year for JazzFest, in what's become a tradition all its own! Keep an eye out for it first weekend and come say hi!

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing the shirt and you - hope your girlfriend loves it as much as you do.

Comment

• Welcome to all of our newbies and returning Threadheads! For those who don't know, our central meeting place is behind Ms. Lena's beer tent- Zulu Diamond Cutters. It is across form the Jazz and Heritage stage. There are usually published meet-ups, but a bunch of us volunteer for Ms. Lena and she puts out a small tent for us to hang out under each weekend.... see y'all there!

Comment

Working...
              X