Psychoactive Drugs: Let's Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychoactive Drugs: Let's Talk

I don't really want to know about good trips and bad trips. I am interested in how your personal experiences help/hurt your perspective after usage. For me, mushroom pulled me out of a dark hole years after Katrina and then I tried MDMA (tested). I was a noticeably different (better) person for 10-12 days after the dose. My friends were saying how the old me was back. I have only done it three times, but every time I am elated for days. I only take mushrooms for therapeutic purposes now although I did eat mushrooms at the Saints Super Bowl 44 victory, The Who performed on a space ship. I enjoy LSD for music and sporting events, but I don't find it as therapeutic in the days after. When I ingest acid by myself in a non social setting, I do become extremely introspective but it doesn't last much past the trip. I hope this is kosher to talk about on here. If not, please delete this thread and let's focus on the music.
    For some people, they’re the recipe for one heck of a party. For others, they’re dangerous, one-way tickets to trouble that deserve their illegal status. But regardless of how people view them, and whether or not governments and policy makers like to admit it, psychoactive drugs are starting to show great promise as effective therapies for various mental health problems, and could well be a key to furthering our understanding of consciousness.

Interesting, UncleBuckDabs! But I can't help you as psychoactive has never been my thing. More of a peace pipe kind of girl. Rock on!

Comment

I think MDMA has been given a bad rap, or gotten a bad reputation from people abusing it. I wish I could get a prescription of one hit every 6 months for seasonal depression, I get similar results to you. Doctors have used it therapeutically for people experiencing grief from loss of a loved one
      Last edited by revjimk; 03-05-2015, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Is MDMA ecstasy -- I don't know much about this stuff. I wasn't aware of any drugs that continued to have effects long after they wore off (except the flashbacks from Go Ask Alice . . .)

Comment

I do like that peace pipe too, clearly I condo dabbing. The funny thing is I do not care for alcohol. My experience growing up in New Orleans, by the time you turn 21 you either a professional alcoholic or you quit drinking. I chose the latter.
          Rev, I have heard DMT can last up to 6-8 months for recharging the mental batteries, but that's a short, wild ride.
          Amy, MDMA is ecstasy.

Comment

DMT is considered the spirit molecule by, among others, Sir Stingle. Even a famous film by that name.

As for MDMA, I never get off. Been in situations with piles of the best fluff ever and big whoop. I am addicted when it is around, the
            Main reason I don't like it in fact,but it does nothing for me.

LSD, I still do once or twice a year. Still gives me something. I did have a horrible trip a few years ago, but in some ways I got more out of that one than any I've ever had before. My first trip back was bit worrisome,but it all smoothed out after that. My dose has been dropping from who the hell cares in the 70's to 3 hits in the 80's to 2 in the nineties, to one now. As more and more of my shit keeps piling up ( regrets, i have a few) i am unsure my brain could handle a dose like in the seventies.

Mushrooms. I love em. Deeply spiritual for me. With a ganja treat and that is perfect for me. It is medicine and the effects last long past the original trip. Profound profundities abound. They make me she the good in people, and that is becoming increasingly difficult.

Comment

YYR on liquor. It just doesn't set well with me. Even as a kid attempting to get drunk, it would have weird effects, like my arms would ache after drinking or I would throw up after one drink. And then there's the fact that I have little control over how much I drink once I get started. And that always ends badly. So I stick with pipes and edibles.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy Winette View Post
                Is MDMA ecstasy -- I don't know much about this stuff. I wasn't aware of any drugs that continued to have effects long after they wore off (except the flashbacks from Go Ask Alice . . .)
                Actually Amy, the drug doesn't last any longer than the several hours that you're high, but what it does for me is remind you how happy you can be & give you some optimism

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
                  DMT is considered the spirit molecule by, among others, Sir Stingle. Even a famous film by that name.

As for MDMA, I never get off. Been in situations with piles of the best fluff ever and big whoop. I am addicted when it is around, the
                  Main reason I don't like it in fact,but it does nothing for me.

LSD, I still do once or twice a year. Still gives me something. I did have a horrible trip a few years ago, but in some ways I got more out of that one than any I've ever had before. My first trip back was bit worrisome,but it all smoothed out after that. My dose has been dropping from who the hell cares in the 70's to 3 hits in the 80's to 2 in the nineties, to one now. As more and more of my shit keeps piling up ( regrets, i have a few) i am unsure my brain could handle a dose like in the seventies.

Mushrooms. I love em. Deeply spiritual for me. With a ganja treat and that is perfect for me. It is medicine and the effects last long past the original trip. Profound profundities abound. They make me she the good in people, and that is becoming increasingly difficult.
                  WHAAA? You don't get off but you're addicted? Makes no sense whatsoever, but then again you're a Deadhead....

Comment

Here's a really fascinating article on research into the potential therapeutic uses of psychedelic drugs that recently appeared in The New Yorker: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...trip-treatment

Comment

Originally posted by revjimk View Post
                      Actually Amy, the drug doesn't last any longer than the several hours that you're high, but what it does for me is remind you how happy you can be & give you some optimism

Hmm, I see. I did try that once, didn't like feeling out of control and never did it again.

I'm just the opposite of Vic -- no form of mary jane has ever done much of anything for me -- I'll stick to my wine

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
                        YYR on liquor. It just doesn't set well with me. Even as a kid attempting to get drunk, it would have weird effects, like my arms would ache after drinking or I would throw up after one drink. And then there's the fact that I have little control over how much I drink once I get started. And that always ends badly. So I stick with pipes and edibles.
                        I used to enjoy drinking, but over the years got sick of hangovers. I didn't have to force myself to quit, it was easy, the less I drank the less I missed it. Nowadays I might have one or 2 drinks a year, on special occasions. First drink, I remember why I liked it, 2nd one, I remember why I quit. The thing I've noticed over the years of not drinking is how big a part it plays in drinker's lives, without them even noticing it, ESPECIALLY New Orleans natives. Any time you go to someone's house, first thing is they offer you a drink...
                        Really glad I quit, life is easier....

Comment

My 2 mind altering drugs nowadays are ganja & java. Haven't been a regular drinker for about 30 years, haven't tripped since Stevie Ray Vaughn died (1987? That was a yearly ritual, other than SRV shows, really enjoyed tripping at Canyonlands National Park in the late 80s)
                          But if someone I trusted offered me some guaranteed pure X, I'd take it.....

Comment

I always seek the strongest ganja I can find, but that dab stuff (Wax, shatter) is just too god damn strong... not fun
                            I love ganja cause it enhances all the things I like, such as music, food, sex, dancing, humor, etc., but concentrates are too much like "taking drugs"; you can't do shit except sit on your ass stoned out of your mind....

Comment

Originally posted by Amy Winette View Post

Hmm, I see. I did try that once, didn't like feeling out of control and never did it again.

I'm just the opposite of Vic -- no form of mary jane has ever done much of anything for me -- I'll stick to my wine
                              The thing with X is there's no need to control anything, whatever happens, you like it.....
                              Another name for it would be "ignorance is bliss".... no earth shaking revelations like acid, you're just dumb & happy....

Comment

Working...
                              X