Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restaurant recommendations (2016+ edition)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillericayDicky View Post

Court of Two Sisters before Rosiefest last year was perfect. Tempted to go again this year?
    Ruby Slipper has also been suggested - the menu looks very yummy. http://www.therubyslippercafe.net/

Eye Opening Cocktails
    You can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning
    Last edited by festivalgirl; 01-18-2016, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Has anyone been to Salon by Sucre on Conti St? The reviews on the place looked really good.

Comment

And just around the corner/block.Nearly went there last year.

Comment

Originally posted by philly4nawlins View Post
          Has anyone been to Salon by Sucre on Conti St? The reviews on the place looked really good.
          We had a couple of their artisanal desserts and coffee downstairs one afternoon last year but did not go to the restaurant. Their sweets are shweeet!

Comment

[QUOTE=funkkjunkie;n787147Rowen, consider the seafood martini at Pelican Club. Fabulous. [/QUOTE]
            YES!!! My favorite appetizer, EVER!

Comment

And now we will have another 4 nights to eat dinner in NOLA. Keep the suggestions coming!!

Comment

Palace Cafe Black Duck Bar .... Happy Hour.

I think I need to be a member if only for once a year!!
                New Orleans Rum Society

Palace Café is the official home of the New Orleans Rum Society (aka NORS) -- a spirited society dedicated to the appreciation of fine rums. The society hosts regular spirit events and tastings catered towards the rum enthusiast.
                Membership is complimentary, and benefits include:
                • Invitations to Rum Events
                • A Rum "Passport" for members to record their tastes
                • Complimentary Pour of the featured Rum of the Month
                • Opportunity to meet and sip with other Rum enthusiasts
                • Master Taster Recognition with a plaque at Palace Cafe engraved with the names of members who have tasted the entire passport- just think, your name could be immortalized!

Comment

Originally posted by festivalgirl View Post
                  Palace Cafe Black Duck Bar .... Happy Hour.

I think I need to be a member if only for once a year!!
                  Wait...does that membership cost anything?

Comment

Originally posted by rowEn View Post

Wait...does that membership cost anything?
                    Membership is complimentary,

Comment

Happy hour pizzas at Domenica are unique, cheap, and very good.......we also liked the roasted cauliflower head

Comment

Have enjoyed Mimi's in the Marigny in the past. A little loud but the food is really good. They serve late night as well, http://mimismarigny.com/menu/

Comment

Fiorella's in the Quarter has most excellent fried chicken, chicken parm and other yummy things. And you can get a restaurant.com coupon really cheap. Be sure to google to see what the latest code is for the site.

Comment

The original owners just opened a Fiorella's in Gentilly. I need to get out there and check it out as the one on Decatur has been hit or miss for some time now, often running out of chicken later at night. Last time I went I ordered the three piece white and get all wings.

Comment

Here's an interesting new place in the Bywater. Extreme hipster or early April Fool's joke?

http://www.nola.com/dining/index.ssf...incart_m-rpt-2

The restaurant owners want to keep it a secret. Menu features canned seafood.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post
                                Here's an interesting new place in the Bywater. Extreme hipster or early April Fool's joke?

http://www.nola.com/dining/index.ssf...incart_m-rpt-2

The restaurant owners want to keep it a secret. Menu features canned seafood.
                                Well, if nothing else, I learned a new word today and that's always a good thing: "palimpsest." Gotta try and work that into a conversation, or a brief.

Comment

Working...
                                X