Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restaurant recommendations (2016+ edition)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife and i have a few favorites....going to New Orleans since 1999. Bourbon House for lunch. Make a reservation if you would like to sit in the main dining room. Cafe Adelaide for lunch. 25 cent martinis and a lot to love on the menu. Happy Hour pizza at Dominica. Make a reservation. Happy Hour at Bombay Cafe in the Prince Conti Hotel. Happy Hour at Broussards. Tapas style meal at Three Muses. Make a reservation. We always enjoy the menu and the music at Buffa's on Esplanade. Never enough time for all the great places. Oops....almost forgot bacon bloody mary at Bar Tonique. Not exactly a meal.

Comment

Anyone been to RF's for their happy hour, which I understand goes from 12-7? Building off petey's post about Bombay Club I read that RF's is basically all the people from Bombay so it's gotta be good right?

Comment

Hey all- I'm psyched to be coming back to fest this year! I'm looking for a few restaurant recommendations for my health-conscious sister, who will need a break at some point from the NOLA cuisine which I favor when in town. She likes low-fat, high-veggie, quality food, although doesn't need to be vegetarian. Any suggestions? Fich?

Comment

Originally posted by philly4nawlins View Post
          Anyone been to RF's for their happy hour, which I understand goes from 12-7? Building off petey's post about Bombay Club I read that RF's is basically all the people from Bombay so it's gotta be good right?
          From the website it looks like bar food all day and drink specials 4 -7 .... I could be wrong. It's not really clear.

Comment

Shaya Passover 2016 Menu
            April 22nd and 23rd 5pm-11pm

for the table
            wood-fired matzo, red and white horseradish, my grandmother's charoset, Yemenite eggs with gribenes, bitter greens with muhammarra, smoked lamb ribs, green garlic tabouleh

matzo ball soup
            local chicken, broccoli, curry broth

olive oil poached snapper
            charred leeks, harissa, mustard greens

Turkish brisket
            slow cooked with tomatoes, allspice, Jerusalem artichokes, onions

strawberry and lemon matzo brew
            chocolate fudge sauce

$65 per person excluding tax and gratuity

Comment

Yay on your fest return, Swen! Not my style of eating in NOLA but Green Goddess and Carmo have a good rep in that area. And most high end restaurants are more than willing to prepare a lovely veggie dish for their patrons. Also Pizza Delicious has some beautiful salads.

Comment

Originally posted by festivalgirl View Post

Our comfort food lunch is Praline Connection. Also enjoy Court of Two Sisters Brunch served all day.
                I think we've eaten at Praline Connection before, if so it didn't leave much of an impression. Brunch at Two Sisters is amazing. Worth every penny, and they charge plenty o pennies. I'm thinking we may have to go to Commanders. We'll see, could make a Besh place too.

Comment

Shaya Passover 2016 Menu
                  April 22nd and 23rd 5pm-11pm

for the table
                  wood-fired matzo, red and white horseradish, my grandmother's charoset, Yemenite eggs with gribenes, bitter greens with muhammarra, smoked lamb ribs, green garlic tabouleh

matzo ball soup
                  local chicken, broccoli, curry broth

olive oil poached snapper
                  charred leeks, harissa, mustard greens

Turkish brisket
                  slow cooked with tomatoes, allspice, Jerusalem artichokes, onions

strawberry and lemon matzo brew
                  chocolate fudge sauce

$65 per person excluding tax and gratuity

I know we'll feel terrible, but we are not following during Fest.

Comment

We also went to Emeril's Restaurant over Christmas. He has 3 restaurants in NOLA. The service was absolutely spectacular. And the food was delicious. The restaurant does have a lunch special.

Comment

Originally posted by barry10016 View Post

I think we've eaten at Praline Connection before, if so it didn't leave much of an impression. Brunch at Two Sisters is amazing. Worth every penny, and they charge plenty o pennies. I'm thinking we may have to go to Commanders. We'll see, could make a Besh place too.
                      We're doing Commanders lunch Monday after. Never had a bad meal at any of Emeril's restaurants. Also like Pascal's Manale.

Comment

Originally posted by barry10016 View Post

I know we'll feel terrible, but we are not following during Fest.
                        Passover or not, the menu looks really good.

Comment

My new favorite dish at Juan's Flying Burrito is the jerk shrimp salad with black bean quesadilla. Plenty for 2 people.
                          I"d like to try Johnny Sanchez just on the chance I might get to see Aaron. Prices are high dollar though so a rezzie for happy hour street tacos might be the ticket.

Comment

If anyone wants to get out of the "jazzfest area", go see Christy and Justin at Avery's Poboys on Tulane. These kids have a great place. I've been going for a couple years and have never had anything that wasn't delish. Plus if they are able, they will make any accomodations to your food that you request. I wanted jumbo shrimp for my bbq shrimp poboy and they were happy to do it. For a little extra $. During the day you can ride the Canal Street car and walk the last 3 blocks. But that's not a thing you'd want to do at night. Or if you have a rental there's parking on the street in front or there's a parking behind the building. They also have the Pearl River poboy=fried oysters, roast beef debris, bacon, dressed. ibjamn added a few fried pickles. And a buffalo shrimp poboy with buffalo sauce and blue cheese. The daily specials at $8.50 are great.

Comment

From the website it looks like bar food all day and drink specials 4 -7 .... I could be wrong. It's not really clear.
                              The banner at top of website says No Cover Daily Happy Hour 12-7

Like you, I can also only find their bar and breakfast menu on their site, but the banner on the homepage says: Full Menu served 5-10 daily so it'd be great if someone has eaten there and could let me know what their full menu entails.

However the daily 7 hour happy hour with $3 martinis, $5 cocktails, $2 beers and $2 food specials looks like enough to get me in the door!

Comment

Swen, you might also think about reservations for dinner at Three Muses. Excellent vegetarian options, all fresh food. Bonus of someone will be playing in the dining room! But seriously, during Fest, have a reservation because the place is tiny!

This place has also been on my list. http://www.mealsfromtheheartcafe.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X