Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restaurant recommendations (2016+ edition)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't believe how fat the shrimp were at Mr. B's.

Comment

• Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
      Anyone have other favorite spots to get the dish?
      Since I only eat at Superior Seafood during Fest I must vouch for theirs. Very worsterchire-y and peppery-y with a nice half loaf of bread AND the hot washcloth with lemon for tidying up afterward.

Comment

• Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post

Haha! The first time I had them was at Deanie's on Dauphine. They were the best I've had. And as soon as I finished peeling them, they gave me a hot washcloth to clean up! The next time I went there, a few years later, a washcloth was not provided. But they do have gorgeous bathrooms! I've had Mr. B's a couple times-once was excellent. A couple years ago, the dish was cold. I've had Emerils and Emeril's Delmonico-pretty much the same dish and delicious. Pascal Manales' bbq shrimp are fresh and good but not worcesterhire-y and peppery- more garlicky and buttery like the bbq shrimp poboy at Liuzza's by the Track. I also had Middendorfs which were good. At Avery's the poboy is good but the shrimp are quite small. Unless you ask for jumbo and deveined and then they are gorgeous. But they were not Worcestershire-y and peppery either and that's what I prefer. Anyone have other favorite spots to get the dish?
        Didn't Pascal's Manale invent the dish?

Comment

• Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

Since I only eat at Superior Seafood during Fest I must vouch for theirs. Very worsterchire-y and peppery-y with a nice half loaf of bread AND the hot washcloth with lemon for tidying up afterward.
          Well I know where I'm going next time I'm in town!

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post

Didn't Pascal's Manale invent the dish?
            They did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
              Fyi....fans of food at Siberia ( there is a name....but everyone I know calls it the kitchen at Siberia ). Sunday night is the last night at that location. They are moving across from the Goat on the ever evolving St. Bernard Ave. By Poor Boys and Sidney's. Same menu with some additions. I can't wait !!
              https://nola.eater.com/2019/5/3/1851...bernard-avenue

Comment

• Anyone eaten at Borgne inside the Hyatt? We have reservations there before the Stones.

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaGumbo View Post
                  Anyone eaten at Borgne inside the Hyatt? We have reservations there before the Stones.
                  I ate there during fest...wasn't bad but very meh compared to other options. get the duck poppers

Comment

• Originally posted by halley8 View Post

I ate there during fest...wasn't bad but very meh compared to other options. get the duck poppers
                    Thank you.

Since your post, I've heard the same from others. Oh well, I'm a tag a long on this meal anyways... duck poppers and vodka will suffice. I'll just find a good lunch somewheres...

Comment

Working...
                    X