Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restaurant recommendations (2016+ edition)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Renee View Post
    Greg- I like Boucherie a lot.
    nice menu and the Krispy Kreme bread pudding is sooo yummy!!! http://boucherie-nola.com/menus/dinner/
    and Gabrielle is another favorite!
    BBQ Shrimp Pie 14-
    handmade pie shell filled with smashed sweet potato topped with new orleans style BBQ shrimp
    https://www.gabriellerestaurant.com/dinner-menu.html
    Loved this place when it was near fairgrounds Pre-K. So glad they reopened. Just as awesome, nice space, great food.

Comment

• Renee and I went to Gabrielle Thursday. It was just as delicious as last time. I had the smoked quail gumbo with homemade sausage and the bbq shrimp pie and we shared the coconut shrimp with onion rings app. That bbq shrimp pie is one of my favorite dishes in NOLA. We also visited Superior Seafood so Renee could get her frozen French 75. She had the grilled shrimp salad and I had bbq shrimp app and maque choux. I wouldn't get the maque choux again but her salad and my shrimp were yum. And we met some folks at Fharmacy and had one of their burgers. It's my fave in the city. They grind the fresh beef and it seems they don't mash it too much when they make the patty so it's kind of light. Plus they put two slices of cheese on the sandwich and that's a win for me.

Comment

• Doris Metropolitan is the best steak place in the city. Hands down. Goddamn that was good. Had the bone in ribeye, which will likely feed us for most of this week. Sick wine list and killer cocktail menu. Bring your wallet. It's not cheap, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quint View Post
          Doris Metropolitan is the best steak place in the city. Hands down. Goddamn that was good. Had the bone in ribeye, which will likely feed us for most of this week. Sick wine list and killer cocktail menu. Bring your wallet. It's not cheap, though.
          expense acct steakhouse, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

expense acct steakhouse, no?
            That and birthdays are the only time I order $80 ribeyes. Oh my one gripe was getting upsold scallops as an additional side. We got two and it was $25. Now they were great, just not 12.50 a piece great.

Comment

That and birthdays are the only time I order $80 ribeyes. Oh my one gripe was getting upsold scallops as an additional side. We got two and it was $25. Now they were great, just not 12.50 a piece great.
              Your Illegal Airbnb's and ticket scalping doing well for you, I see.

Comment

Anyone been to August? Or Doris Metropolitan?

Pavo Real went from being really good to being meh the last few times.

Went to Compere Lapin while I had family in town, still my favorite.
                Went to August during this last fest. Great food and service, highly recommended for those looking for a nice fine dining experience

Comment

• My wife's family and I ate at the Palace Cafe on Thanksgiving. It was great. First time I've been there. Beautiful place and interesting history with it being the Werlein music building. I was not aware of that. It was out first trip back into the FQ in probably ten trips, we tend to stay away but it was a beautiful day, nice being down that way again.

People watching at the fairgrounds was A+ as well. Love all the hats.

Comment

Working...
                  X