Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restaurant recommendations (2016+ edition)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will never ever ever use Yelp.

Comment

• Not on the list...peche, Elizabeths, compere lapin, evangeline's

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
        I don't see Nina Compton or Emeril's restaurants.
        Forgot to mention, I take things off the list that I tried and didnt like or tried and loved and returned to, Been to Compere Lapin multiple times and tried Nina's Bywater Bistro once. Meril is on the list, and his others are not but we know about all of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by halley8 View Post
          Not on the list...peche, Elizabeths, compere lapin, evangeline's
          Been to both Compere and Peche multiple times each and love them. Forgot to mention, once I try a place I take it off lol. Will add the other 2, thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by smallyak49 View Post

Been to both Compere and Peche multiple times each and love them. Forgot to mention, once I try a place I take it off lol. Will add the other 2, thanks!
            We dined at Seaworthy last week and it was quite good.

Comment

• We went to Seaworthy last year to grab a drink and were impressed.

Comment

• 38 Essential Nola Restaurants, good list

https://nola.eater.com/maps/best-res...ns-38-map-nola

Comment

• Originally posted by McGregor View Post
                  38 Essential Nola Restaurants, good list

That IS a good list with a nice mix of high-brow and low-brow and a few choices you don't typically see.

Plus, any list that includes Carrollton Market has credibility in my world. I guess it's the location, but Carrollton Market still seems to fly under the radar for many, and that's a damn shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
                    I will never ever ever use Yelp.
                    I used to say that. Then I sat in reception for 90 minutes to get into a popular Korean BBQ joint when I could've used the Yelp waitlist app and showed 5 minutes before my table call like everyone else in the place. While an annoying a personal technology fail, it was time well-spent with my grandson (19 years old, how'd that even happen?). And if you need to know anything about K-Pop I can fill in a few basics for you as the restaurant streamed the stuff continuously. It's riveting in its gender-bending, syrup-y sweet awfulness.

Comment

• Originally posted by McGregor View Post
                      38 Essential Nola Restaurants, good list

Piece of Meat is on my list to visit this year, along with Tartine, Turkey and the Wolf, Shank, and Picnic Provisions & Whiskey. We'll see... 14 days, 8 (?) days of Fest, some night shows already, Patry, etc. Something's got to give, I hope it's not food & beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by duende View Post

Piece of Meat is on my list to visit this year, along with Tartine, Turkey and the Wolf, Shank, and Picnic Provisions & Whiskey. We'll see... 14 days, 8 (?) days of Fest, some night shows already, Patry, etc. Something's got to give, I hope it's not food & beer.
                        It'll be your waistline and possibly your cholesterol. We're all in that boat.
                        ​​​​

Comment

• Anyone been to Palm and Pine?

Comment

• Originally posted by ronberk73 View Post
                            Anyone been to Palm and Pine?
                            I, personally, have not been there (yet), but there are several Threadheads not active on this board that LOVE it.
                            It's on my list for April.

Comment

• Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post

I, personally, have not been there (yet), but there are several Threadheads not active on this board that LOVE it.
                              It's on my list for April.
                              Not active on this board ? I believe the term is Fledheads.

Palm and Pine is on my list. I'm sure they could use the biz, being located in the shadow of the Hard Rock collapsed hotel.

Comment

• Originally posted by duende View Post

Speaking of, this news today:

Piece of Meat, the acclaimed hybrid butcher shop and restaurant on Bienville and North Rendon streets, is planning an expansion.

The owners, chef-butchers Leighann Smith and Daniel Jackson, bought the building next door from Milton Gautreaux and Mario Martinez, who had hoped to open a breakfast spot in the Craftsman-style double at 3305-07 Bienville.

Instead, it will be a steakhouse and dining area for the edgy yet old-world Piece of Meat.

“The new space would operate as an extension of the existing shop, and full-service steak house, with a classy-but-casual atmosphere that welcomes and excites both steak lovers and home cooks. We would open at 10 a.m. every day, with the kitchen closing at 10 p.m. weeknights and 11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.”
                                Pending zoning approval.

Read more at http://midcitymessenger.com/2020/01/...-on-bienville/
                                Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X