Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restaurant recommendations (2016+ edition)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly re-opened hot dog spot on Broad and Gentilly. https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...c989ea36b.html

Comment

• Originally posted by chazmo View Post

Life is a costume party, what are you going to wear?
      I love this. I'm going to use it as I approach each day, chazmo!

Comment

• Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post

I love this. I'm going to use it as I approach each day, chazmo!
        Thank you. The other one I like is, "Getting dressed is a form a of entertainment."

Sorry for the thread drift.

I think our best "new" (new to us) restaurant experiences were at Peche (super tasty food, but the service was a little scatter brained), and Superior Seafood (Our first time, with a large group. Great food, reasonable prices, great service. My only complaint is that it was LOUD)

Comment

• Originally posted by chazmo View Post

Thank you. The other one I like is, "Getting dressed is a form a of entertainment."

Sorry for the thread drift.

I think our best "new" (new to us) restaurant experiences were at Peche (super tasty food, but the service was a little scatter brained), and Superior Seafood (Our first time, with a large group. Great food, reasonable prices, great service. My only complaint is that it was LOUD)
          My wife and I visited Superior Seafood for the first time, I believe last year during a non-fest visit. Perhaps the year before. It was an "oh well, might as well try" experience. We were way pleasantly surprised. Have been there three times now. It has worked for us. Not "fine dining" per se but the staff treated us well, and our experience was enjoyable.

Comment

• Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

My wife and I visited Superior Seafood for the first time, I believe last year during a non-fest visit. Perhaps the year before. It was an "oh well, might as well try" experience. We were way pleasantly surprised. Have been there three times now. It has worked for us. Not "fine dining" per se but the staff treated us well, and our experience was enjoyable.
            We go there a lot for Happy Hour when I am around as it is a short stroll from where Lisa resides..

Staff are generally very good, even to casually attired Aussies.

Comment

• Anyone know how far out Brigstens begins to except reservations? All I could find online was 60 days, but that was a post from 2004. Thanks.

Comment

• You could call and ask. They only take rezzies by phone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim175 View Post
                  Anyone know how far out Brigstens begins to except reservations? All I could find online was 60 days, but that was a post from 2004. Thanks.
                  Brigtsen’s (note the correct spelling) usually sets a specific date on which they open up reservations for all of JazzFest. But as noted you need to call and ask.
                  Last edited by Blumie; 03-15-2020, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X